Chapter 3.5 - Sabito and Makomo (2)

Today was one of the days Tanjiro would train with a sword. A katana, to be specific. Y/N stood at the side, watching Urokodaki explain the weapon to the boy. She herself, knew to fight with  katana, for she had wielded many weapons in her decades of living. She raised a brow as Urokodaki demonstrated the use of the weapon. Watching them get into a fighting stance, a small grin pulled up her lips as she watched Urokodaki flip the boy of his feet with only one hand. Oh dear. She taught him hand-to-hand, but this was something else. She observed as the two fought back and forth, Urokodaki having the upper hand the whole time, throwing Tanjiro around easily. A few days after, Y/N was joining Tanjiro for his training this time, both of them stood before Urokodaki.

"Breathing Techniques?"

Y/N's eyes showed confusion. Just what was that? The adeptus had never heard of it. Precise breathing while beeing fully concentrated? Urokodaki spoke up once again.

"That's right. I will teach you young Tanjiro and young Y/N, how to breathe so your body can heal faster. Move faster. So that you can pull every last bit of strenght out of your body. For the oxygen to enter every last cell in your body, you will have to breathe deeply. For that, your upper body has to be relaxed while your lower body has to be tensed. Now, breathe!"

Y/N did as she was told, flexing her abs and legs, making them show a little through her shirt, as she started to breathe in, feeling the air fill her lungs. It felt odd, but not in a bad way. Breathing out, she watched as Tanjiro did the same before receiving a hit on the stomache by Urokodaki.

"Not like this! Take Y/N for an example, Tanjiro. You have to relax your upper body more. Now onto the forms!"

Y/N sat down cross-legged, putting her hands onto her knees as she watched Urokodaki give feedback to Tanjiro who was, well, striking some odd poses.

"Am I doing it right?"

"Not in the slightest."

"And now?"

"Definetly Not."

"Now?"

"No."

"How about now?"

"Wrong!"

Y/N closed her eyes, breathing in deeply as she let the energy of her anemo vision suround her, making a soft breeze pick up around her as she directed it towards Tanjiro, cooling his body slightly. 

The boy looked confused as the wind picked up, but he was already used to Y/N's powers

The boy looked confused as the wind picked up, but he was already used to Y/N's powers. Was it a breathing technique too? Maybe he should ask her later. The nxt step of his training took place on a small cliff, next to a waterfall. The adeptus was standing next to him and Urokodaki, watching intently as she put a hand on his shoulder.

"I will save you, if anything goes wrong. Promise."

Tanjiro relaxed at that. Knowing the woman he considered his older sister was with him eased some of his nervousness, still, he was anxious. It was such a high cliff. Looking over the cliff, he swallowed. Become one with the water? And how exactly was he supposed to do that? Y/N cocked her head to the side. She was confused about Urokodakis training techniques, yet, she did not question them. She was sure he knew what he was doing.