Chapter-149

"Baron... Wizard?"

Why is he, who should be at the Williot estate, here?

It was said that Philen came to the capital, so did he come along with him?

I didn't know what brought Baron Wizard to the capital, but his presence in front of my mansion made me sure it was to meet me.

Baron Wizard was the closest to me among the Duke of Williot's many aides. He was also the aide who helped me the most. That's why it was nice to see him, but I couldn't feel happy when I thought of the purpose of his visit.

Philen sent him, right?

If not for that, Baron Wizard of the Duke of Williot wouldn't have come to meet me at this late hour.

Anyway, I couldn't keep Baron Wizard standing there. I had to bump into him anyway to get into the house.

I knocked on the window leading to the driver's seat.

"Open it."

"Yes, My Lady."

Hans immediately opened the carriage door.

When I took his hand and got off, Baron Wizard approached me with a subtle expression.

"Long time no see, My Lady. Ah, I should call you Baron Aster now."

It was the first time I felt so awkward being called Baron Aster.

"Yes. Long time no see, Baron Wizard."

I smiled awkwardly and accepted Baron Wizard's greeting.

Baron Wizard was holding a large box in his arms.

What is that? Is that a gift for me?

The box was a bit shabby for that, but seeing that he was holding it dearly, it seemed to be. Though I had no intention of accepting it.

"Did Duke Williot send you?"

When I asked bluntly, Baron Wizard smiled awkwardly and shook his head.

"No. It's purely my own will to come here."

"Really?"

"Yes. I swear in the name of my late predecessor, Duke Williot."

It seemed to be true when he said that. But maybe he came to meet me because of Philen. Or maybe, it's about the Williot estate.

Whether it was the former or the latter, it was equally difficult.

"I don't know why you came here, but please go back. I have nothing to talk about with the Baron."

When I was about to go into the mansion.

"I brought you Misa's, the chief maid's keepsake."

I had no choice but to stop at his following words.

Misa's... keepsake?

I looked back at Baron Wizard with my eyes wide open.

"Did you really bring Misa's keepsake?"

Baron Wizard nodded and held out the box he held dearly to me.

"Yes. I got it from her bereaved family."

If it's Misa's bereaved family, he's probably referring to her son, right?

Misa's son was married and living in another estate before I became engaged to Philen, so I never saw him.

It was said that after Misa died, her son came to the Williot estate and took all her belongings.

...except for Misa's body.