Chapter 69

After Leila made her decision, Kalian compiled a new list of the diplomatic delegation and sent it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Of course, Leila's name was added to the list. But the position written next to Leila's name wasn't as the emperor's aide, but as the emperor's agent.

When a nobleman, who found this strange, asked Kalian why he did it, Kalian answered with a bright smile.

"I gave Sir Thebesa a chance to freely show her ability. Only then will she be able to show all of her abilities without restrictions."

Just for that reason, he gave the important position as the emperor's agent to a person who had just become an aide?

All the nobles clicked their tongues, saying that Kalian was out of his mind.

Some people even pointed their fingers at him for being blinded by love.

Later that day, Duke Giltian, who came to meet Kalian, spoke outright.

"I will consider it an exception for once this time."

Kalian, who was reading the report brought by Duke Giltian, looked at him.

"So, if you are doing this because you want to keep her by your side, just make her an Empress(concubine)."

"I think you're misunderstanding something."

Kalian put his interlaced hands on his lap.

"I have no intention of making her an Empress(concubine). I just want to have someone competent as my aide."

"It seems to me that it is not the only reason."

"That's the only reason."

Kalian firmly dismissed it.

Duke Giltian stared at him intently and then bowed his head.

"If it is Your Majesty's will, then do as you please. I will get going now."

"Are you going to the detached palace?"

"Yes."

Duke Giltian raised his head again and smiled kindly.

"He is waiting for me, so I have to go."

While everyone was busy preparing for the diplomatic delegation to depart two days later, Leila asked for a day off and Kalian gladly approved it.

Leila handed Ver all her work for the day before leaving work.

There's also the report on the child care institution.

Ver delivered it to Kalian as it was.

"Did she finish it already?"

He had been watching her for a month, and he couldn't believe it was completed so quickly. Amazing.

Curious about what she might have written, Kalian put down the document he was looking at and read the report.

Some of the contents of the report were familiar to him because they referred to the data he had previously investigated.

That fact made him somewhat proud, so Kalian smiled softly.

"Why did Sir Thebesa suddenly apply for a leave?"

Ver suddenly asked as if he was curious.

Kalian answered indifferently while keeping his eyes fixed on the report.

"There must be something she has to do, right? Or maybe she has been working so hard that she wants to take a day off."

"Well, she did work hard."