Chapter-79

I couldn't remember what mind I had when I returned to my room.

When I came to my senses, I was already in my room, lying in bed without even changing my clothes.

It seemed that I fell asleep.

I couldn't believe I could sleep peacefully even when something like that happened.

I rubbed my face with my hands and got up.

It was dark outside the window. It meant that a lot of time had passed since then.

...hold on. What about dinner with Marquis Hutton?

When I belatedly remembered that while staring out the window, I got up in a hurry and pulled the bell rope.

As if waiting for my call, Eria came in right away.

"Did you call me, My Lady?"

"What about dinner with Marquis Hutton?"

"If it's that schedule, it was canceled. Master said he would be home late due to port work."

The master Eria was talking about was referring to Marquis Hutton.

"It's for real this time, right?"

When I asked in case I was the only one who didn't join again like before, Eria nodded her head.

"It really is. Master hasn't returned yet."

"Really?"

If so, it was fortunate. Only then did I sit back on the bed in relief.

"What would you like for dinner, My Lady?"

"I'll pass."

It's late, and it's obvious that if I ate dinner in this mood, I would have indigestion.

I didn't want to suffer from eating for nothing.

"Then, should I help you with the bathing?"

"I'm just taking a bath, you don't have to help me."

Eria tilted her head.

"Are you sure it's really okay?"

"Yeah. You can go and rest while I'm taking a bath."

"I understand."

After a while, when Eria said the bath was ready, I headed to the bathroom.

Soaking in the hot water seemed to wash away the fatigue of travel I felt.

But the concerns were still there.

"Huu."

I sighed deeply and poured hot water on my face.

Although I was included in the delegation, the number of people who could participate in the meeting was limited.

Judging by Marquis Valdir's attitude, it was highly likely that he wouldn't include me in the meeting with Natsha Kingdom.

Then, what should I do?

If I couldn't participate in the meeting, I couldn't meet Duke Giltian's conditions...

More than that, the fact that I might disappoint Kalian, who trusted me and entrusted me, came to me as a bigger concern.

"If I had known this would happen, I should've just said I wouldn't do it..."

Because of it, I suffered hardships and suffered humiliation for no reason.

As I was thinking about how to solve this situation, the water got cold.