Chapter-40

"I feel sorry for Lady Thebesa."

Philen, who was looking out the window with a sour look, turned to Cecily, who was sitting opposite him.

Cecily muttered with a gloomy face.

"She really wanted to take the official test, but couldn't go to the capital because she didn't have a carriage."

"There's no need to feel sorry for her. Because it's all her fault."

Who told her to use all the carriages in the mansion without thinking?

The carriage that Philen was riding now was a historic carriage used by the Duke of Williot for generations.

Thanks to the servants' inability to use this and leaving it behind, it was able to stay intact.

"And since she won't pass the official test anyway, it's better for her not to take it. It would be even more disgraceful if she went in vain and fell."

"Oh my. Phil still thinks of Lady Thebesa even in this situation."

As Cecily looked at him as if she was genuinely admiring, Philen shrugged.

"No matter how much I hate her, she is the woman who will be my wife. I have to take care of her."

My wife.

The corners of Cecily's lips, which went up smoothly, hardened slightly, but Philen didn't notice it.

"As expected, a kind person. You'll take care of our child who will be born soon too, right?"

"Of course."

Philen nodded as if she was asking what's so obvious.

"Then what about me?"

Cecily carefully asked what she was most curious about, as the flow of the conversation went as she wanted.

By then, Philen erased his smile and looked at Cecily closely.

It was as if he was judging what intention she had by saying this.

It's not the time yet.

Well, she's still holding out. But there's no way I'll give her room.

After completing the calculation in her head, Cecily quickly withdrew.

"I'm satisfied with just being able to see my child often."

Not 'our' but 'my' child.

Cecily didn't let go of her monopoly on the child, even while she was withdrawing, and Philen admitted it.

"Don't worry. You'll see the child often."

"Really?"

"Of course, I promise."

"It made me happy."

Cecily smiled brightly and fell into Philen's arms.

"I hope our child can be born as soon as possible."

"Same goes for me."

Philen replied, stroking Cecily's back affectionately.

"I hope he can be born soon."

An hour before the official test began.

"Of the 200 applicants, exactly 171 have entered the test hall so far."

Ver reported to Kalian with a sullen look.

Kalian smiled and looked at Ver.

"You seem dissatisfied with me."