Chapter-136

In an instant, silence fell in the hall.

Leila also looked at Kalian in great surprise.

"The press conference was taking too long, so I came out to see what's happening. Turns out you were talking about something interesting."

His thick eyebrows drew a straight line, and his dark blue eyes gleamed fiercely.

As Kalian approached the podium, Leila and Ver naturally stepped back.

"If you have something to ask, ask it."

Standing in front of the podium, Kalian looked through the reporters.

The reporters were busy avoiding Kalian's gaze. Drog also kept his mouth shut with his head down.

"Because I'll answer it myself."

The opportunity for the emperor to directly answer questions was rare. It was an opportunity they should have seized, but everyone was unable to do so and only kept their mouths shut.

"Why aren't you talking?"

The smirk on Kalian's lips deepened.

"You talked so well earlier, but now you're quiet."

That's because you weren't there back then!

Not to leave a seed of trouble, Kalian even mercilessly killed a speechless infant.

It was not for nothing that he was given the title of the Slaughter Emperor. There was no one big enough to speak lightly in front of such an opponent.

"Did everyone become honey-eating mute?"

Kalian let out a small laugh and leaned his upper body on the podium.

"Did you say your name is Drog?"

Then he looked at Drog.

Drog's shoulders flinched when his name was called.

"You seemed to be dissatisfied with Baron Aster being my aide."

"Th, that can't be!"

Drog was visibly flustered and shouted.

"I, I just asked because people were curious. As, as a reporter, I have to relieve people's curiosity..."

"What a life-threatening professional spirit you have."

The smile on Kalian's lips deepened.

"That's amazing. I want to give you a round of applause."

I have to say something. Or I'll die.

Feeling threatened for his life, Drog hurriedly spoke up.

"Your Majesty, I..."

"I'll buy that high spirit and give you a special opportunity."

After interrupting Drog's words again, Kalian smiled eerily.

Just by looking at the eerie smile, Drog trembled. Cold sweat dripped down his forehead.

What kind of punishment is he trying to give me with a smile like that?

Kalian said it was an opportunity, but Drog didn't think so. It was clearly a punishment disguised as an opportunity.

"Write an article."

"...yes?"

Drog immediately questioned his unexpected words. Realizing that his opponent was the emperor, he lowered his head.

"Wh, what kind of article are you talking about..."

"What kind of article? Of course, an article about what people are curious about."