Chapter-121

I left the mansion with the luggage I had packed in advance.

The butler suggested taking a carriage, but I refused. Now that I had erased Philen from my life, I didn't want to get even a grain of help from the Duke of Williot.

I wanted to stay a little longer and see how Cecily would end up, but the desire to return to the capital was greater than that because I was sure everyone was worried. I wanted to return quickly and say 'I'm okay and everything has been resolved.'

But before that, I have to go there.

After stopping by a flower shop to buy a bouquet of white chrysanthemums, I visited the Duke of Williot's cemetery on the outskirts of the estate.

The predecessor Duke and Duchess of Williot were buried here. And also Philen's parents, who were the previous Duke and Duchess Williot.

I put down the bouquet I brought in front of the relatively recently built cemetery.

"Long time no see."

When I was in the Duke of Williot, I used to visit this place at least once a month unless there was something special, but now I couldn't.

"This could be my last visit."

Because I am leaving this place completely now. And as I have nothing to do with Philen anymore, I won't visit here again.

So... can you forgive me?

"...of course, you can't."

They already realized Philen's stupidity beforehand, that's why they asked me to take good care of him. But I threw it away with my own hands, so they must have been very angry with me.

"But I did my best."

It might sound like a lame excuse to them, but it was true. I really did my best to keep myself going for the last 10 years. But it was their son, Philen, who ruined it.

"That's why if you see me later, please don't hate me too much."

Gradually, my vision became hazy.

I tried to wipe away my tears with a handkerchief, but unfortunately, I didn't have one.

When I was about to wipe it with the back of my hand, a handkerchief suddenly popped out over my shoulder.

I turned around and saw a familiar face. Someone who should never be here.

"Your Majesty!"

It was Kalian.

I looked at him in surprise. I was so surprised that my tears went back into my eyes.

"How can you be here..."

Kalian winked as he brought his long index finger to his mouth.

"I used my ability."

Ability? Ah, he's talking about the ability to move in the water.

"It's possible to go this far, huh?"

"It takes some time, but it is possible. I've been to the Williot estate once."

"You have been here?"

"Yeah. I came here about 10 years ago."

That's when I had just joined the Duke of Williot.

I never saw him, so maybe it's in the spring, right?

"They were good people."

Kalian said as he looked at the tombstone of the previous Duke and Duchess Williot.