Forty-Eight

Caleb

"Another Taylor song?" I snort, sadly I immediately knew which one it was.

"Talk shit about Taylor and NSYNC* is going back on," I'd said something to fuck with her, I don't even remember what but as a punishment she played twenty minutes of NSYNC* until I was begging her to put literally anything else on.

"Okay how about more Noah Kahan?" I ask, genuinely I don't know how I'd never heard this guys music before. He'd been able to articulate the feelings I've had in an hour and a half in songs better than I've been able to in the last eight years.

"We already listened for his new album,"

"Then put another one on, Or Zach Bryan?"

"How about FleetWood Mac?" I just nodded,
loving Fleetwood Mac as much a she did.

Yelling the lyrics, I find it hard to focus on the road as she starts reenacting the guitar solo. Whipping her hair around and playing the stupid air guitar, the smile on her face was permanent. I feel my heart flip, she wouldn't have been like this weeks ago.

She was timid and so painfully quiet, she wasn't the person I grew up with, but now? She was coming back, day by day Belle was becoming herself again and I genuinely loved it.

"Holy shit," I can't control my words as I see the now huge beach house. It was big before, but now? It was a mansion. Having bought the land on either side, it was significantly expanded yet still looked and felt like the Kalanski beach house.

"Yeah," Belles eyes were wide looking at her second childhood home. "Wow,"

As soon as I'm putting the truck in park she's hopping out.

"Go inside I'll get the bags," I motion to her. Everyone was already here, taking their bags in.

"I can help, it's my shit anyway," She shrugs taking out the backpack and suitcase, I take her other bag and my duffel bag out, picking and choosing my battles. If I had it my way she wouldn't lift a finger but that wasn't her, and I respect that wholeheartedly.

"Belle!" Em comes out hugging her, "I've been here a few times since the renovations but it still blows my mind," she grins

"It's crazy," Belle just shakes her head, "You guys have a room already?"

"Yeah we're sharing with Danny and Arya,"

"Oh fuck," Belle snorts as I come to her side looking at me.

"Whatever," I shake my head.

"Tyler, Wes, and Spencer are all in the downstairs bedroom with the bunk beds, we thought you Amy and Lex in the main bedroom and Co you Beck and Bri all in the last bedroom with the two full beds," Knowing Em she'd had it all organized. We just nod, not really caring where we slept as long as we had beds to sleep on.

"Sounds good," I nod, walking behind both women to the chaos inside. We were all only staying the four maybe five days from now but there was loads of coolers to unpack and water toys to get into the water.

"Kazer catch," A flash of silver is thrown at me, once in my hand I see the keys to Arrex's truck, "Wanna help me back the ski's in and get them docked?"

"Yeah,"

"I can take your stuff up," Belle doesn't give me time to argue, instead only taking my bags and looping the straps around her.

Following Arrex out, I hop in the truck as he starts directing me back down the beach until we reach the water.

"How was the ride over?" He question as we start unhooking the back two Jet ski's