Ten

*1 year later*

She finished the orders and sent them across before sitting back in her chair. Her mind wandered, as it had been through exactly a year ago, that she got free.

The week that followed after she escaped the avengers, she remained hidden, using her training to get what she needed. She had used a computer at the library to get into the government system, creating a whole new identity for herself. She opened a bank account and siphoned money from a few rich people, not that they would notice, and bounced it around, hiding it, before adding it into her account.

She then obtained a building, that had apartments, above a bar, needing a cover. Looking through the medical registry, she found a doctor that she would need, to fix her jaw, she wanted her voice back.

After taking care of everything she needed, she left, heading across three states to get to the doctor. Dr Abigail Browne, the woman was in debt, divorcing a narcissistic cheating husband who was trying to ruin her.

She made a deal with the doctor, and the woman was grateful. Within hours, she had the wires removed, and she flexed her jaw, before sitting up, and introducing herself... 'Melody Bird..'.. A name that wasn't real, but it was a cover.

Mel then helped the doctor get free from her now ex husband, living in her apartment complex, with a steady pay.

Mel had a doctor, a therapist, childminders, security, bar staff, cleaning staff, every one of them, was a woman. One that was in need when she found them. She had helped give them all a new life, taking care of their pasts, paying them well, and giving them a safe home.

She had the loyalty of every one of them, and she would ensure that each one of them was safe.

It had been 10 months since she opened the bar, hiding in plain sight. Every one of her girls believed the story she gave them and where she came from, and they had all sworn to protect her, like she did for them, and their children.

'Mels..'.. A knock on her door brought her out of her thoughts, and she called them in. Darla entered her office, grinning from ear to ear, excited... 'I passed!..'.. She hopped up and down, causing Mel to laugh as she stood to come round and hug her.

'Im so proud of you. This is a cause for celebration. Private party tonight, so put out word we're not open to the public..'.. She headed to the little bar in the corner of her office, and poured them both a drink, and handing one to Darla... 'To the best damn lawyer New York will ever have..'

'I can't thank you enough..'.. Mel held her hand up, stopping her.

'No, this was all you. You're the one that did all the work. You're having two weeks off, so pick a destination in mind and take a vacation..'.. She sat back in her chair, and Darla sat opposite.

'Theres no point in arguing with you on that is there?..'.. She chuckled, and Mel shook her head.

'You girls are my family, I'll protect you all and spoil you if I want to..'.. She sipped her drink.

'Me and the girls have been talking, and we want to do something for you..'.. Darla smiled, and pulled out her phone to send a quick message... 'You saved all of us Mels, gave us a new life, and if it wasn't for you, then Darren could have.-..'

'Its ok Darla, he's gone now. You, Grace and Eli are safe..'.. She smiled across at the woman. The two kids were terrified watching their father beat their mother until Mel burst in and saved them.

'Well, we thought that you deserved something special..'.. The office door opened, and the rest of her girls filed in, all smiling at her. She rolled her eyes playfully as she stood up, making sure to hug each one of them.