19- We are Indians!!!

✦Elora Anderson✦

Recap:

'I just hope they don't get disappointed' I thought as I start to cook with a small smirk on my face.

********************

I huffed a breath as I walked out of the kitchen-dramatically wiping the non-existent sweat from my forehead.

"God! That was tiring. I never did that for my family, so you guys better appreciate my hard work." I said as I plopped on the couch where everybody was sitting, trying to make small talk, mostly the ladies who were trying.

All eyes snapped to me.

"Why are you here? Is the food ready?" The oldie questioned sternly- ignoring my previous comment.

Rude.

"Yes, it is ready. You can have your breakfast now". I replied without moving from the couch. Closing my eyes, I rested against the back hoping to get some sleep.

I honestly messed up my sleep schedule since all the wedding fiasco started. Now it's time to bring it back to normal.

'You mean to say- you will go back to sleeping in the morning and chilling at night?" Anna asked, horrified.

'Umm, yes. Why is there any problem?' I asked, surprised cause she loved the way we were before. She was the one who suggested I do that, so I could at least get some sleep to survive.

'Yes, there is a problem!' She snapped. 'This is not our house. You can't just do anything you want.'

'Yes, we can. I talked to mom before the wedding. She knows how we are. I already told her- that I am not some ideal 'Bahu' they were looking for, And she was cool with it.' I replied, getting frustrated.

'Do you believe that?'

Her voice started overlapping.

'No one loves you. People only try to tolerate you. You thought everything was ok? You will get a new beginning; everyone will love you. And then you will finally have your happily ever after?'

It wasn't Anna anymore.

The voice had returned.

I was doing so well to oppress it. I thought I had succeeded, but here it was again.

Haunting-me.

Taunting-me.

Torturing-me.

I was back to day one when I was weak and vulnerable.

Where I was-

"-Get up. Get up! everyone is waiting for the food." Rage boy said as he shook me awake.

I just looked at him.

And stared- till he just looked somewhere else.