12 - Business trip

Reyansh's pov.

The ringing of my phone woke me up from my deep slumber. I took a quick glance at the clock to check the time, but I did a double-take and instantly shot out of bed.

I glance at the sofa, expecting Elora to be asleep there, but to my surprise, she was not there.

I swept my eyes around the room only to find her sleeping on the ground with an air mattress. Wait, How did she get that? I went to wake her up but stopped when I looked at her face.

She looked peaceful, without any worries about the world.

She looked so innocent,

'Just like an Angel', my brain whispered.

And I subconsciously nodded.

But quickly shook my head as I realised what I did.

I got up and went towards the bathroom, I quickly did my business and - got ready in a black suit.

Putting on my watch, I make my way towards the balcony, but my leg tripped over something.

I looked down and groaned.

It was her mattress.

For God's sake, why is she still sleeping?

It's 12:30.

Get up already.

I huff- and bent down to shake her gently, and she woke up with a start. Or maybe not so gently.

She looked here and there, then looked up. I immediately covered my emotions and said in a cold voice, " I am going for a business trip, I don't want any kind of drama from you. Do whatever my mother and everybody says. Be the perfect daughter in law, you were faking to be. And if you need anything use this." I threw my black card on her, and it fell on her lap.

I then started moving towards the door and went into the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mooom", I called out as I reached the living room and saw all my family sitting there.

Including my favourite nephews.

'They are your only nephews' my brain said.

I just ignored him

As soon as they saw me, they started running towards me- at full speed and crashed into my legs.

I laughed and picked them up.

"Chachu," they both yelled and burst into a fit of giggles.

"Hi, my little munchkins. How are you guys? Did you miss me?" I asked in a soft tone.

"Yes, chachu. We missed you a lot." They said together.

It is quite creepy if you ask me, but they were cute, so it does not matter.

"Chachu, where is our chachi. Mom said that you brought her home." Abhay asked.

"Yes chachu, where is she. Can we meet her? Is she pretty?" Asked Nirbhay without letting me answer.

I tensed at their questions and awkwardly let them down and, and stuttered a response. "umm, yeah- yeah. She is in my room. You can meet her later. "

"But did you not miss me? Why are you asking me about her.?" I questioned, a bit insulted that they were asking for her and not me.

"Arrey, no chachu. We just want to meet our new Chachi, nothing else. We wowe (love) you." They replied, I just sighed and gave them a smile.

"Ansh, where are you going dressed up in that suit?" My mom asked, and I froze.

Shit, I forgot that everyone was sitting there.

I scratched the back of my head and said, "Well mom, you know I was away for so long for the wedding, and all the work is pending, so I have to leave." I said in a nervous tone.

She eyed me up and said, "Ok come home early."

I gave out a nervous chuckle and said, "umm, that is the problem. I am going for an indefinite time. It may take 1 week or 2, or, 3,... I don't know."

"What! Reaynsh, you just got married, and you are leaving your wife the next day. What will everyone say?" My mom said as she jerked from her seat.

I gave a helpless look to dad as my mom kept blabbering on this. My dad sighed and intervened.

" Mihika, I think you should let him go. That meeting is important for the company. And I know he will try to come as soon as he can. Right?" He said the last bit as he looked at me.

And I frantically nodded my head at his words.

Mom glared at me and then reluctantly sighed and nodded her head.

"Fine," she said, "but you have to try your best to come as soon as possible." I nodded my head.

'Liar, I know what you are planning to do. You won't be coming back anytime soon.' My brain said.

'Shut up, and let me concentrate on this situation. It is the best for all of us.' I replied.

' No, it's not, and believe me, you will regret it.' My brain warned but, I just dismissed the thought and went to hug my family.

After bidding them, I went towards the door where my driver was standing and sat in the car.

As the car moved, I looked back at the mansion behind and smirked, not missing the shadow of the person standing in my bedroom's balcony, as I drove away. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, we reached 1k reads today. Thank you all for the votes and comments. I really appreciate it. Please continue to support my book in the future as well. Here is a chapter hope you enjoy it.

The next will be in Elora pov., and how she will react to her new family.

Lots of love, Simrat.