Chapter 13 - Meeting the scamps.

Elora's pov. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Scamp-

A person, especially a child, who is mischievous in a likeable or amusing way.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was peacefully sleeping, dreaming about all kinds of different foods I would eat freely now that I'm; away from home.

( Food is life)

But I was rudely interrupted when a pair of hands roughly shook me awake.

I woke up with a start and looked around before looking at the culprit.

I just stared at him, making him shake his head and say,

"I am going on a business trip. I don't want any kind of drama from you. Do whatever my mother and everybody says. Be the perfect daughter in law, you were faking to be. And if you need anything, use this." And threw his black card on me, which fell on my lap. Without waiting for my reply, he started moving towards the door.

I sigh. 

And got up from the most uncomfortable thing. I shake my head as I make a mental list to call an interior designer to make this room into something bearable.

'Something that you like, you mean?', My subconscious, Annabelle said.

And yes, I named my subconscious.

Don't judge.

Ignoring the snarky comment my own subconscious made on me, I walked towards the bathroom and took a quick shower.

Walking into the wardrobe, I look for something "suitable" to wear on my first day.I look at the suitcase full of sarees and sigh in disappointment.

I knew she could not do anything properly.She never did.Not even once in my life. Such a disappointment.I shake my head, reminding myself that she is my egg donor, And I should respect her.

I quickly pulled out the ugliest saree from the suitcase and decided to wrap it in a way that covered most of my body.

Mostly because I wanted to hide my tattoos from my supposedly new and loving family.Can't have them hating me on the first day itself.

I take a deep breath and look outside the window, not expecting anyone out there. I was surprised when I saw my 'husband' walking towards a white BMW X7. He was hauling a suitcase behind him.

He quickly sat in the car and started inspecting his phone.....I still stared at him.

I love creeping up on people or scaring them.

So like a mysterious spirit in the horror movies, I stared at him.

I also added a small creepy smile for extra measures.