6 - The wedding ceremonies

Authors pov.

Time flew fast, and it was finally time for the Anderson family to fly to India. Even though the wedding is supposed to be simple, they expected plenty of the relatives to attend.

Mihika was a little sad because she, her eldest son (Dhruv) and daughter in law (Amelia) could not attend the wedding with Abhay and Nirbhay(the twins), but Mihika was happy that they finally went for a vacation.

Soon they all landed in India, Mumbai International Airport, and made their way to Juhu, as their family lived in that area. They soon reached their bungalow, and everyone settled in. Later that night, everybody was dressed up and was ready for the engagement party. Reyansh was already in a suit and was feeling nervous as he was going to meet his soon to be wife- for the first time. They reached the venue and admired the decorations as the bride's family had arranged everything. When it came time to exchange rings, everybody was waiting- for the girl to show up since they had been late in traffic.Reyansh was standing on the stage, waiting like everybody else when suddenly his phone started ringing and he excused himself for it.

Mihika and grandma were waiting- for Ansh(Reyansh) to return as the bride was close to the venue. But when they found him, he was busy shouting at someone on the phone.With a look on his face, he turned around and faced his mom and grandma, and they both realised what he meant.

He has to leave.

They both started protesting, but Ansh said that he had to go or else the company will lose its 25% of shares. He convinced them that he would be back in a few hours, but he will have to skip the engagement. Mihika with, a heavy heart- agreed to manage something and complete the engagement without Reyansh.

When Elora arrived at the venue, she was dressed in a simple silver and pink lengha, looking like a true goddess.

As she walked boldly towards the stage, everyone cleared her way.

Mihika, on the other hand, was nervous and afraid that Elora would be upset with the news of her soon to be husbands sudden departure on their engagement. But when she broke the news to Elora and her family, Elora did not react. Even her family members were not that angry, considering that the girl had to stand alone for the ceremony in front of the guests.

Everyone was shocked when Elora picked up the ring and put it on her ring finger. When they asked Elora why she did not wait for the groom to return, she just replied with, "Why not?"

When everyone settled, the rings were exchanged- by the families.

Soon everyone forgot about the commotion and, the DJ started playing the songs. Everybody then started dancing to the beats.

~~~~~~~

Everyone was excited and prepared for the upcoming wedding both the families exchanged many conversations and were happy with the marriage. But no one bothered to let the bride and groom talk or meet each other.

Reyansh was still busy with his work and always worked till late. He also attended his meetings online. Reyanshh, like a puppet, did all the rituals his mother told him to do without a complaint. During the haldi ceremony, Reyansh sat on a stool shirtless, and all the guests came forward to apply the turmeric paste on his body.