8- wedding

Reyansh pov.

Today is the day, I will get married to that girl - I mean Elora.

she is going to be your wife at least give her some respect. My mind or rather I call it my brain, whispered to me.

" Ansh..." my mom shriek got me out of my train of thoughts, but I relaxed since I have a lot of time before the auspicious time.

I think this is the first time I am being so pampered in my entire life by my family. This is great.

Life is great.

But today is also the worst day of my life.

From today no parties, no vacations, no booze, no- wait a fucking second.

Why the hell am I thinking about this bullshit.

I think this is what happens when your mom watches Indian soap operas when she was pregnant with me.

How in the world did I get this imaginative brain. Coming up with so many useless scenarios. Like why will I stop doing whatever I want? Like ok, I will be loyal to 'my wife' because I have good morals.

But I will do whatever I want.

I think one of my black cards should be enough to satisfy her until I find a way to get out of this marriage.

Yeah, there is no need to get attached or show her any kind of affection.

because they all... my brain whispered.

I am going to make it clear for her on the first day itself. When I am going to meet her tonight.

'Hopefully...' my brain whispered again.

Huh, stupid brain.

"REYANSH, IF YOU DO NOT COME DOWN THIS INSTANCE...." I did not let her continue the sentence as I jerked out of my seat and ran towards the door, where my mother was standing with her hands folded on her chest, a frown on her face.

"How much time does it take for you to come out, huh? Let's go NOW. It's time for the muhurat." She said and without waiting for my response she started walking. And I followed her without any further questions.

" Mom.." I whined as she started going faster without even glancing at how handsome I look.

"Mom, wait, are there gonna be any reporters. " I asked seriously this time because I don't want them to know that I am getting married. She shook her head and I sighed in relief.

I reached the mandap but did not pay attention to the decorations because they were plain and boring. Like seriously they can't even afford to decorate their daughter's wedding nicely.

I sat on the stool and the priest started chanting some mantras, which I just nodded along with because I did not understand a single word.

Then he said ' call the girl'. (In Hindi).

Soon the music started to play and I let out an inaudible gasp at that moment I knew that I fu*ked up.

To anyone thinking I would be gasping at the beauty of my so-called bride. But I gasped because I could not see her face at all.

Like her dress was beautiful and all. But I could not see her face, it was covered with her dupatta, down till her chin.

and she was so tiny.

Like there was a visible 6-inch difference between us.

she is so religious and traditional. I cannot live the rest of my life with her.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I did not see her reach the mandap and take her place beside me.

The priest started chanting again and the next moments of when her father tied her dupatta to my shawl and the other mantras passed in a blur. Then we took the 7 pheras as the priest asked us to do.

Then I tied the mangalsutra around her neck then I started lifting her dupatta to fill her partition with the sindoor.

The moment I lifted her veil, I was mesmerised.

I froze in whatever I was doing and just stared at her.

After not wanting to see her face in the photo or talk to her before, I just wanted to pause and look into her eyes.

Her honey-coloured eyes. They were cold and dead but still looked so bright and mesmerising.

I snapped out my thoughts and composed myself. Reminding myself of that, I set walls around my heart which no one can enter. Not even my family.

Besides, I do not even know her or anything about her character.

She could be a gold digger for all I know, who manipulated both the families for this marriage.

After quickly filling in the sindoor, most of which fell on her nose, the priest announced that the wedding was over and now we were husband and wife.

I put on an emotionless face because this feeling; was unsettling and I did not like it one bit.

So now the Reyansh that the world feared was back and in place.

My mother scowled as she saw me but did not say anything. She knew not to say anything when I have this face on.

Everyone quickly filled the tables and started eating. Fortunately, no one asked to feed each other as my mom already knows that I am uncomfortable.

After meeting and greeting all the guests with a fake smile on my face, and a small smile on my wife's face. We reached the last step of the wedding, the vidaai.

I heard that girls cry a lot at this time, lets see what my 'wife' does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...

words- 926