2 - The news - II

Reyansh's pov.

I walk to my Bugatti La Voiture Noire while glancing at my watch to check if I'm late. Unfortunately, I am late. And my mom is going to give me a long lecture about this. I sigh and start driving towards my mansion.

Halfway through the drive, my phone started ringing, picking it up I see the Caller I.d.

"Hello doll, what are you doing? are you fine?", I ask in a soft voice, which is only reserved for my family members.

"I am not fine". She said and sniffled. I got alarmed and asked what happened.

"It's mom and grandma, they are talking about me getting married that too, to some stranger."

"What? how can mom and grandma do this? Don't worry about this. I will do something. Ok?" I said in a soft voice.

"Ok. Bhai." She replied and cut the call.

I speed up and arrive at the gates of the mansion. I then parked my car with my others in the garage and my way inside the house.

Upon entering the mansion I was met with the chit chat and shouting of all the family members.

Ass I entered all of them calmed down and watched me patiently.

I swiped a glance at all their faces and checked who all were there. And holy shit they all were serious about this marriage shit. Because all the elders of the family are present here. I take a deep breath to mentally prepare for the coming argument for opposing my sister's marriage.

"Mom, Naira will not marry anybody," I said.

"Ok". she replied.

"Listen to me first then decide. Because she-, wait for what? You agreed."

"Yes".

"Oh well, then I am going to fresh up. There is no need to argue, alright. Bye." I said and start making my way upstairs to my room. But I instantly froze seeing the smirk on my mom's face and the smug look on the others.

I turn and ask, " What is it?".

"Good you asked." Mom said. "Because I wasn't finished."

"Ok, go on. Why are you all looking at me like that."

"Because you will get married instead of Naira," my grandma answered.

It took me a while to register the words she said, and when they made sense I started panicking.

"What no, I can't get married. I won't get married. I have to take care of my business. And I don't even like anybody. So how could I get marri-"

Mom cut me off before I continued with my rant, " you will get married, the business is going well, and we already have a girl in mind. We sent a proposal, and they accepted it."

"What mom, how can you do it, I am still young, and I don't even know the girl how can I marry her. And how did the girl agree without even meeting me? Like this isn't India. No offence. But, wait, where is the girl from?" I asked in a scared and nervous voice.

"First you will not be young for too long. Second, the girl is from India. And you are marrying her whether you like it or not." Grandma replied instead of mom.

"Dad, what is this? say something." I plead to my dad.

"Sorry champ, I can't do anything. It was your mom and grandma's decision. I can't do anything but agree. And also, the girl is my childhood friends daughter. She is really good."

"Ugh. Why can't you guys understand? I don't want to marry anyone. Not now, or any time soon."

"Exactly, you don't want to, but you have to. Because we already said yes to them and we are going to India next week. Your marriage date is set after 3 weeks."

I look at them in shock. Like they didn't just send a proposal but they also agreed and set the marriage date, without asking the groom. Wow.

I don't even have words. I look up to argue more but they all were already discussing my marriage details and happily chatting to one another. I saw a happy glint in my family's eye and could feel the excitement in their voice as they were talking.

I can't possibly snatch that away.

But on one side it's my life and happiness. And the other is my family's happiness. And I will always choose my family no matter what. So with a heavy heart, I decided to tell my family my decision.

"So, I know my answer. I agree with you guys for this marriage."

They all turn to look at me, and my mom, grandma and my aunt give me a funny look. I return a confused look with them and my father speaks trying to control his laughter, I don't know why though.

"Son, they never asked you a question. They decided it for you. Even if you didn't agree, it would still be the same. It doesn't make a difference you know?".

I look at them in shock but quickly recover it when my mom sends a glare towards dad, making him shut up immediately.

 God, I hope I never turn into them. I shudder thinking of myself like that. I would never cower away from my wife. I am the Reyansh Anderson. I don't bow down to anybody.

My mom's voice broke me from my trance, "Ansh, ask Naira to give you the envelope containing the girl's information/biodata." I nod my head and start moving upwards, " and beta," I turn to look at her questionably, "thank you. You won't regret it." She said in a soothing voice. And I knew I made the right decision. 

~~~~~~~~

Words - 940