11 - His Room

Elora's pov.

I make my way inside the room, expecting it to be luxurious and comfortable so that I can sleep there on the cloudy bed all day and be here most of the time.

But all my dreams were shattered when I entered the room because the room was bland and tasteless. There was nothing in the room that was interesting or of comfort.

I was walking looking for something that at least showed that someone was living here when I bumped into a wall, or may I say a muscular chest.

Fortunately, I regained my balance before I could fall on the floor and make a joke out of myself.

"Watch where you are going, oh wait - you can't because of that extra-long veil that is covering your face. What else can I expect from a girl like her." He said in a cold voice filled with disgust.

Wait- wasn't this scene supposed to be romantic. Because in most Wattpad books, the hero saves the girl from falling and says sweet words to her.

' Yeah, but this is not a wattled book. It's your fucking life.' my brain replied.

"-Hey, listen here. Don't expect anything from this marriage. I was forced into this shit by my parents. And as for you, I know your true colours. You may be a sanskari girl but, that does not erase the fact you are a gold digger.

And believe me, when I say this, I can make your life a living hell if I want to, so you better not mess with me. Now you can sleep on that fucking sofa- I will take the bed. I don't want my mom to get suspicious about your behaviour. And from tomorrow onwards, don't cause any drama and keep my family happy, and you will get, money in your bank account. " he said, and without waiting for my reply, he went towards the bathroom.

Leaving me with my thoughts.

What the hell happened here?

Ok, I know this all marriage fiasco looks fishy and, I could be a gold digger but is that man dumb or what?

Who calls someone a sanskari gold digger?

Either he is dumb or he does not know how to insult someone.

Anyway, I'm glad that I know his intentions about this marriage. Now I can keep away from him, and we will both be happy. And I can also work-

I was brought out of my thoughts when the shower door opened with a thud, and he came out wearing his nightdress.

Without looking at me, he went to bed, switched off the light and went to sleep.

I stared at him through my veil, and after a long time, I smirked.

'Stop doing that it's creepy' my brain whispered.

I shake- my head and go- towards the bathroom- I then proceeded- to remove all the heavy jewellery and change into another cotton kameez and pyjamas. (UGH! I can't even wear comfortable clothes at night, because of him).

~~~~~

Now, I am eyeing that uncomfortable-looking sofa which Is very small and stiff. No way in hell is I going to sleep on that thing.

I only sleep for a short time at night and, I don't want that experience to be uncomfortable as well.

Then I remembered something, and my eyes widened with my newfound revelation. I quickly went towards my suitcase and opened it to find a box with 'Air Mattress', written on it.

'Hahaha, benefits of reading on Wattpad.' my brain said. I nod silently and quickly removed it along with the machine to pump air into it.

Attaching the machine to it, I let it settle and fill up.

~~~~~~

After checking that the mattress has, the appropriate amount of air in It, I lay down and -look at the ceiling, hoping it was something interesting, but to my dismay, it was just plain white.

I sigh and close my eyes, all the events of today catching up to me.

I got married today.

Married to Reyansh Anderson.

He is the -richest person in the world.

And he hates me.

I hate him too.

This is my new life.

And I don't- have any way to know what's coming my way.

Now, I need to pray- and trust God in this new life journey.

With all the thoughts running wild in my head, the exhaustion caught up to me, and I gave in to the darkness.