𝑌𝑂𝑈'𝐷 𝐶𝑂𝑀𝐸 𝐵𝐴𝐶𝐾 𝑇𝑂 𝑀𝐸

Edward walked quietly up the stairs, doing his best to hang on to the strength that he had. He could feel Rosalie walking beside him, with Emmett, Carlisle, Jasper, and Alice walking closely behind. He could hear Rosalie's rough thoughts, making sure Edward knew not to pull anything that could endanger the fetus. Jasper kept them all calm, especially him. But even Jasper's gifts were not enough to keep Edward from thinking that his relationship with certain siblings was starting to gradually disappear.

"Thank you son, for seeing her. I know this is difficult for you. I'm sorry I didn't see...That I didn't know this and put you in this situation..." Carlisle thought.

Edward knew his father meant well, he could 'hear' the blame Carlisle felt. He could hear the guilt for asking Edward to comfort Bella. But despite his father's soothing words, Edward still felt nothing. This was all his fault...He did this...He ruined Bella's life again.

Edward knew they shouldn't have gone through with it...He knew it had been a mistake. And once again, Bella was left to suffer with his mistakes.

"Let him go in by himself" Carlisle stated, as they reached the door.

"Over my pile of ashes--" Rosalie began, as Edward ignored the rest of the bickering and entered the room alone. He could hear Carlisle calming them, allowing their youngest brother to go inside and confront the reality of his life.

Edward did his best to acknowledge Esme and his new sister Bree, before they exited the room and left him alone with Bella.

He could barely breathe as the familiar sensation of burning pain came back to his throat. Her blood that made his sing was creeping back up to him as he had almost forgotten the stinging and pain that he had cursed for over a year and that called to him to taste.

He ignored it as he did, hoping the dragon blood would do its diligence.

Edward noticed how she looked even worse than in the memories of his siblings. The color on Bella's face had completely diminished. Her fair skin had turned dull and gray, her eyes even more sunken in. He could hear her heart working harder to pump blood throughout her frail body. She looked like a skeleton, she looked like she was dying.

She was dying.

Edward was speechless, as Bella smiled at him brightly despite her condition.

"I knew you would come back" Bella said weakly, her breathing uneven as he could hear her heart working faster with every ounce of energy she used.

"Bella...What did you do? Why did you let this happen?" Edward whispered, feeling himself walking closer and closer to her bed.

"We created a miracle, Edward," Bella said, as she touched her bulging stomach lovingly. "This is our baby."

"Bella...That thing inside of you isn't a baby! We've created a monster, a monster that will kill you!"

"We made it with love--"

Edward sighed in frustration, "It's a monster Bella, and it's killing you from the inside! I refuse to allow it to take your life away when you just got it back!"

"I got nothing back...I have no life without you...When you left I didn't think I would be able to survive that again. I couldn't believe that had happened, after you gave me the greatest moment of my entire existence–Of any human experience! And just when I thought I was sinking deeper into myself, I felt a nudge...And I knew. I knew we were connected. Despite all of this" Bella said, as she continued to caress her stomach. "I knew I would be strong enough to continue because I kept picturing our child. A tiny child with your eyes– green, as yours had been when you were human–lying fair and beautiful in my arms. When the baby began to nudge me, it gave me the strength to do what I needed to do. Edward...I knew you would come back to me. I knew this would work out for us..."