𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑀𝑃𝐴𝑁𝐺𝐸 𝑃𝑅𝑂𝐵𝐿𝐸𝑀𝑆

The journey back to London took them over two days, as Gwen had traveled with Jean and Robert via muggle transportation. It had been her first time on a plane, and it certainly was an experience. She couldn't say she felt very safe on a bus with wings, but if it was good enough for muggles, it was good enough for her.

Harry and Ron went on ahead using magical transportation, as Ron was still not willingly able to look at her. And yet, despite the red-heads attitude towards her, she felt a large weight being lifted off of her shoulders that had been holding her down for so many years.

The guilt she had been carrying around with her was slowly melting away. She found herself smiling more than ever; even before they had all left their separate ways she would pull Harry in for more kisses, she would reach for his hand and was no longer hesitating with him.

Relief came with the forgiveness, as Rhea had been correct: Gwen could not move on without forgiving herself, without letting go of all negative emotions and memories. She knew she wouldn't be automatically cured, but with the weight being lifted off her shoulders, even for a moment, she had hope that healing was a possibility. That maybe, just maybe, she did deserve some happiness.

————— ✦ —————

When they finally arrived to London, Gwen traveled with the Granger's to their home, which had remained empty and secure. They realized they would need to figure out a cover story for what they would tell their neighbors, but for now, the Granger's were just happy to be back.

Gwen rented a room nearby, giving them some time for themselves. And while they traveled by muggle transportation, Harry had arrived back to the Republic of Magic before them in order to get clearance for the Granger's to be able to see Hermione's grave.

Within hours, he received the go-ahead and he and Gwen took the Granger's to their daughters grave. Though an emotional and exhausting journey, the Granger's were able to get the peace they needed with their daughter's passing. Professor McGonagall, Kingsley, Hagrid, Neville, and The Weasleys, all came out to greet them once they had their time alone with Hermione.

When all was said and done, Jean and Robert returned to their home in Hampstead, London; Gwen and Harry managed to sneak away back to his flat without anyone else knowing they had returned. Which meant, peace and quiet for their last two days of their vacation.

Their one week vacation was over, and they had to return back to their lives. Though, going back to her life did not feel like such a horrible reality, as she had spent time with the Granger's, and she was slowly learning to forgive herself.

"Australia really was beautiful, the little we saw of it of course" Gwen grinned, thinking back to the ball they had attended and the natural parks they had passed.

"It was too hot" Harry complained, as he was working hard in his kitchen to prepare their meal.

The raven-haired woman rolled her eyes, flinging her hair to her back as she said, "Well, I'd like to return."

"Really? Why?"

"I want to see a kangaroo" Gwen grinned, as Harry laughed lightly.

She smiled as they laughed, examining her dark-haired, green-eyed best friend. Who would have thought that after all of this time, it would be them sitting together. Harry certainly had not been someone she had fallen for before the war, he was just her friend. Her Harry. Nothing more. But through everything they had gone through and survived, being with Harry Potter felt like coming home after a long day.