𝑆𝐸𝐴𝑆𝑂𝑁 𝑂𝐹 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝐼𝑇𝐶𝐻

Within seconds Orla had transported Edward and Alex to Volterra. The two men hid under the covers of night, sleuthing through the town as the citizens dozed off in the comfort of their home. With great haste, the blond man placed an invisibility and silence charm around them.

Even though Orla's magic got them across several countries within seconds, Edward's impatience refused to ebb. He reminded himself that Gwen was surely less than a mile distant now and it wouldn't be many minutes more before he could see her face again...He had to keep hope he would find her in one peace.

It irked him that he could not be as optimistic as Harry Potter. But at the very least, he could try.

Just a little more restraint, he promised himself. She'd be there at the end of this...He would make sure of it. He would give his life for her, whatever he had to do he would do it to take her away from here. The thought soothed him a tiny amount.

Astounded at the fact they would not be seen, Edward cautiously made haste through the ancient sienna walled city with Alex by his side. Though he had seen Gwen wave her wand multiple times and discharge colors of light to perform what he would think are miracles, for some reason, he did not have the same faith in Alex. However, he knew that in order to achieve what he wanted, he would have to put aside his concern and work with the blond man.

"So..." Alex said in a serious tone, as he turned to Edward. "Do you really think it will be that easy? In and out?"

All pretenses down, Edward was taken by surprise at the determination in the blond mans voice. In what seemed like a different lifetime, the two had taken some time to get to know each other. And Edward knew Alex had a bit of a streak with seeking death. Initially, Edward had been worried about this. But now, seeing the determination in Alex's eyes, he knew there was nothing to be worried about.

"No, but we will do what we have to" Edward answered honestly, as the two hurried through the streets.

"You said there was a way for her to be turning into a vampire with the venom, without her being dead?"

"Yes" Edward said through gritted teeth, not wanting to think of the worst before heading into the frying pan of the Volturi's lair. If anything, he knew Alex could get out with Gwen. Edward could potentially distract the Volturi, giving Alex enough time to do what he had to.

"Is...Is there a way to take it out of her?"

"This happened to Bella once, a vampire bit her hand while she was still alive. But I was able to get to her seconds after she was bitten. Carlisle, my father, helped me suck it back out of her"

Alex nodded solemnly, as Edward turned the corner. Edward took Alex's silence as disgust, as he wondered if Alex would still see the raven-haired woman as he once did.

"Whatever happens, vampire or not...She'll still be Gwen, right?"

"It changes you. You are still you, but you are no longer human. Your desires are different. Above all else, she will crave blood. With the Dragon Blood it might be different. It has certainly helped Bree, our new sister. But yes, in the end, she will remain Gwen."

Alex looked relieved, keeping up with Edward's pace throughout the city as they began to arrive to where the Volturi resided. "You seem alright. A little freaky looking, but I think if Gwen was a vampire...I don't think that would be a bad thing. As long as we found her."

Edward flinched at the thought, would Gwen be so calm about it? Would she not resent this life? This life of living forever, of never having the ability to move forward with her life? Of being...Frozen?