𝑈𝑁𝑇𝑂𝑈𝐶𝐻𝐴𝐵𝐿𝐸

"I know it's not worth asking, but I'm going to try anyways" Harry said solemnly, as he closed the door behind him.

Gwen felt a sadness growing in her chest as when he turned to meet her eyes, he looked even more tired than before. She couldn't help but feel guilty knowing she was causing this in him.

"I want you to stay with me" Harry finished, his eyes gleaming with a mixture of hope and sadness. As though he already knew what her answer was going to be.

Gwen hesitated, feeling her heart pulsing rapidly in her chest as she knew she would be causing him more pain. "I can't do that. I have to go, Harry. I'm sorry."

"But you don't have to go, you want to."

"Edward is my friend. He was there for me, I want to be there for him."

Harry paused, as though contemplating his next words. "Would it make a difference, if as your boyfriend, I asked you not to go?"

Gwen felt ashamed, as she knew she could not lie to him. "No, it wouldn't."

"I thought so" Harry said quietly, looking away from her with a hurt expression.

"We need to explain to his family...He needs to tell them what happened, he needs to bring Tanya home." Gwen said gently. "I want to be with him. He was there Harry, he was there for me--"

"It's not fair of me to ask, I know" Harry sighed, sitting down on the chair near her. "But I just...Despite you not being you, I feel like I know this feeling too well. You're pulling away. The harder I try to get closer, the more you pull away..."

"I...I can't say you're wrong" Gwen said honestly. "This is hard. Harry, I just met you. I wish I could bring back the memories, I wish I could just be the me that you want me to be. The me I was. But I can't do that. Edward was there for me. I can't just leave him...He's my friend. He's the only one I really know here, I can't leave him."

Harry flinched.

"I wish...I wish I was the person you wanted me to be" Gwen continued. "The person I was. But I'm not. And maybe the me before, would have chosen to handle things differently. Maybe I would have stayed with you. But right now, this feels right. I need to be with Edward right now."

Harry smiled twistedly, "Are you sure you don't remember anything from before?"

Gwen raised her eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"This...It's sounding just like a previous conversation we've had. Right before you left..."

Now it was Gwen's turn to flinch. Had she been this confused before? Even when she was her old self? What was their relationship even like? Had she been stringing him along? Had she truly loved him?

She knew they were friends. She couldn't deny how much she did trust him. But his comment made it seem as though there were a lot more complications.

"I'm sorry" Gwen apologized, and she meant it. She walked near him, taking the seat next to his. "You've been nothing but kind. When I'm with you, it feels warm. Like coming home after a long day. It feels good to be around you. You're very much familiar... But I also don't know you. We just met again today...It's hard. It's a bit confusing...Has it...Has it always been this way for us?"

Harry hesitated. "It was good once. During the war, as twisted as that sounds. Then everything was jumbled up."

"Jumbled up" Gwen repeated. "That's a good way to put it."

"I love you" Harry said simply, his expression changing to a much more calm one. "I've always loved you. When I thought you died I..." He paused as he looked away, she could tell how much this had impacted him.