22

I wake up in Sandile's arms but for some reason they look and feel different. I sit up straight to get a good look at him. I rub my eyes and he still looks different. It's not Sandile. I look around the room and the room is still the same. It belongs to Sandile.

"Sandile?" I look at him in horror.

"yes?" he looks at me and the eyes bore into mine.

"What happened to you?" I whisper.

"What do you mean? This is what you wanted right? you wanted me to be him" he says to me.

I try to scream but I can't hear my voice. I'm jolted awake by him shaking me. I'm a bit confused and then I realize that I was dreaming. I sigh in relief.

"Hey what's wrong?" I'm glad to hear that his voice is back to normal.

"bad dream," I mumble.

"you want to talk about it?" he speaks as if he's talking to a baby.

"No, I don't remember it." I lie.

"Okay, that's fine. I'm just glad that I'm the one you call out to when you're scared" He informs me and I feel a sharp pain in my heart as I wonder what would've happened if I called out Keletso's name.

I go to my classes after breakfast and before I know it, I'm at work hoping to see Keletso. I don't know why but every time I'm away from him my heart grows fonder and I miss him even more. I know it's wrong but I can't help it.

Work gets very busy in no time but I'm not complaining or rather I'm in no position to complain. Beggars can't be  choosers after all and I could use all the tips I can get.

He finally walks in right after the hustle and bustle dies down and I stand up straight. He looks very handsome and I can't stop myself from starring.

"I'd like to take you out tonight."  he states.

"I'm really not in the mood for getting drunk tonight and it's a school night" I tell him.

"It's poetry night, tonight. I want you to come with me"

"What's so special about tonight's poetry night?"

"My favourite poet is performing."

"Wow, you're actually serious. You don't strike me as a poetry guy"
"Are you coming or not"  he sounds a bit impatient. I hate it when he gets like this. He definitely needs to understand that he won't always have his way with things.

"I have to inform Sandile  first" I motion with the phone in my hand.

"Off course, I forgot that you're 16 and  you have  to inform daddy about your whereabouts and your curfew" he scoffs and then he rolls his eyes.

"hey don't be like that."

"Do what you have to do." he breathes out, clearly annoyed.

I tell Sandile about where I'm going and that he shouldn't wait up for me. It's no use telling him that I'll be going to my place because chances are that I might not. I don't trust myself around Keletso and his wit and charm. So I think it's best that I try to control the situation the best way I can.

He carries my Bag to his car after my shift. I hop into his car -for the first time- without any constrains nor any internal conflict. I guess I am loosing my conscience.

During the drive, I notice that I'm no longer feeling as nervous as I used to feel. I wonder if the dream I had this morning was my truth or my biggest fear. I don't want to overthink things so I decide to initiate a conversation, a conversation that I'm sure he will like.

"You know you don't strike me as a person who's into BDSM" I say to him and I'm not even holding my breath as I wait for  his reply.

"If I was, would it excite you?" he smirks.

"No" I say to him.

"Come on, admit it. It does turn you on, a tiny bit" he tries to force a confession out of me.

"It doesn't. I promise you" I say to him.

"So what turns you on then?" he bites his lip and my hormones scream.

"You're going to have to find that out by yourself" I taunt him.

"Oh I look forward to  it." he says as he parks the car.

He opens the door for me and he ushers me to where we have to sit. For once since I've met him, I'm present here with him. My body, mind and my soul are all entirely here with him.