20

I don't hear from or see Keletso for a whole two weeks. I focus on proving my "innocence" whilst he's way and not causing any disturbances. I'm "forgiven" within a week but it's clear that I'm skating on thin ice. I'm not even able to ask Sandile about his own actions.

"do I have to be dying first" I ask Sandile. I know this is a risk but I'm willing to take it.

"what" he doesn't look up from his bowl of cereal.

"for you to tell me what's going on with you, do I have to be dying?" I grab his bowl and I throw it with mine into the sink.

"I don't want us to fight , okay? we're fine and we'll talk when I'm ready.

"and when will that be, huh? can't you see we're not fine?!" I yell at him as I recall Keletso's words but I dare not utter them.

"when you stop waking up in strange men's beds. I'm sure he's the one filling your head with this nonsense!" he yells back.

"really, you're going to spin this on me? I haven't even seen him for a whole two weeks!!"

"you're even keeping count. you must really miss him"

"this is so pointless. I'm going to be late" I march for the door.

"yes of course run away. You're very good at that!"

I turn to face him.

"too bad. I thought you'd like a taste of your own medicine" I slam the door behind me.

***

I head to work right after my long and dreadful classes.

I go to see Bra white as soon as I make to work. I knock slightly on the door even though it's wide open.

He nods, indicating that it is safe to enter.

"how can I help" he asks. his politeness is a bit alarming.

"I need a loan. For school. You can deduct it from my wages. Please" It is best for me to get straight to the point.

"sorry kid. things are a bit tough right now. I can't help" I can't say I'm disappointed. I was expecting this. He's just one name scratched of the list.

I continue with my work. It's quite busy today and I'm not complaining. I need all the tips I can get.

One of the waiters calls for me.

"that guy is back again" he tells me.

I'm too busy to think about Keletso so decide that it's not him.

"so?" I say ignorantly.

"he only wants you, you know that" he informs me and I let out a sigh.

"well tell him I'm busy. he can wait if he doesn't mind" I tell him.

"he does" I search for the source of the obnoxious sound and it's standing right in front of me.

"what can I get you?" I ignore her rude remark.

"a bottle of whiskey and make it snappy, my boyfriend is impatient."

"of course" I force a smile.

The "boyfriend" approaches and I prepare myself for him.

"The customer is always right" he tells me.

"the customer isn't the only customer here" 

"are you angry at me?" his voice is soft. he behaves like we're the only ones here. He seems to be completely oblivious towards the death stare that his "girlfriend" is giving us.

"maybe she's jealous" the girl sneers whilst looking at me.

"I don't know what he's told you but baby girl you're just another point" I stare at her.

"so what? you've had your chance and you obviously blew it"

"no, no, no" he looks at me. "the point is you, you're the only point there is, the only point there ever will be. two weeks ago was my sister, far too precious. I'm glad you're jealous though" he smirks. He purposefully allows his hand to linger over mine when he grabs the bottle of whiskey.

My pride doesn't allow me to let him see me blushing so I keep it all in. I just hope I don't explode. 

He leaves the girl behind and she follows him like a lost puppy. I don't like but I honestly don't blame her either. That man is a sight for sore eyes. Everything and more. Nonetheless my integrity is far more precious to just give away.

So that girl, that girl could never be me.

"