7

Driving his car makes me feel a bit tense. I don't know what I would do if I crash it. I'm already in financial turmoil and I don't want to add onto that.

"You drive like an old lady", he slurs.

I can't help but think how sexy his voice sounds. His scent is a bit intoxicating. It fills up the entire car and I can hardly smell the alcohol.

"I drive safely", I defend myself.

"You need to loosen up. You need a drink", he waves the half empty bottle in the air.

He needs to stop talking or else we will crash.

"You want us to get arrested for drinking and driving?", I look at him and he is fast asleep.

We finally make it to my place and I park the car closer to the entrance.

I don't think leaving him here is good idea. Anything could happen and I don't want that on my conscience.

The thought of carrying a very drunk person is daunting but leaving him here doesn't feel like the right thing to do. My father always said that I should do what feels right and right now I guess it's carrying a very drunk and heavy Keletso.

He doesn't even wake up and it takes forever to reach my flat.

I throw him onto the couch and as soon as I sit down my phone rings.
Damn!!
It's my dad and it's a video call.

I run over to the kitchen. It isn't much of a distance from the annoying person on the couch but it will do.

"Hey dad. Why are you calling so late?", I try not to sound panicked.

"Why are you up so late. I've been trying to call you the whole day. I've been really worried. I was even thinking about coming over there to check on you", he does seem very worried.

"No! You don't have to do that. I'm fine. I'm perfect. My phone was on silent and I didn't notice the calls I'm sorry but you don't have to come here", I hope he doesn't notice my discomfort.

"Are you sure. You don't seem okay", I hate it when he gets suspicious. He is not one to let things go easily.

"I'm fine", I say. I hate lying to him but I also don't want to get him worked up and worried.

"WATER", keletso screams his lungs out. He really has the most terrible timing.

I freeze, waiting for my dad to break the ice.

He raises an eyebrow and I try to look natural. I'm failing dismally.

I can't afford to say anything right now. I want to know what his suspicious are so I can counter them strategically without raising any alarms.

"Are you with that boy. That boy doesn't treat you right. Your sister told me. I was hoping you would've ended things by now", My father doesn't like Sandile but show me a father who thinks any boy is perfect for his daughter. Exactly there isn't. My father has always looked for Sandile's faults ever since he met him.

"It's the tv dad. I...I have to go, I'm working tomorrow I need to get some sleep", I say.

"Okay good night, we'll talk in the morning", he ends the call and I sigh in relief.

Keletso screams again.

I pour him a glass of ice cold water and I also add some ice cubes.

I want to pour the water on his face. How can he do this to me after I've let him into my house.

"Here", I say to him.
"I don't want to get up... pour it onto my face", he slurs again.

Damn that voice.
"Don't test me. I might just do it", I keep a straight face.
"Do it", he challenges me.

I don't do anything and don't say anything.

"I want you to do it", he commands.

My hand moves but I'm not really sure what I'm doing. All of a sudden, the glass in my hand is empty. His face is wet and I am confused.

What happened??

He is gloating. A smirk is dancing on his lips. He seems very proud of himself.

What did I just do?

I'm very mad at him right now but I don't know why. I wanted to do this but seeing that HE made me do it makes my stomach turn.

I don't really know what to do right now. So I smash the glass on the floor and I run to my room. I slam the door and I lock it.