Part 41- epilogue 2

After Darcy passed away, I took full ownership of the book shop, which she had left for me in her will, if I wanted it. I gladly took it, as I love the shop. I rearranged it slightly, and even added an extension so I could put a cafe in it. It gets me quite a bit of money, but I didn't change it too much, wanting to keep it similar to how Darcy left it.
I stopped on the way home from the shop, buying some of Lily's favourite flowers, which no, are not Lilies.
I placed them in the passenger seat and drove home. We didn't want to move away from our home town just yet, but getting our own place around half an hour away was a good in between.

I unlocked the door to our apartment, stepped in.
"I'm home." I said, as I took off my shoes and my coat.
"Hey baby." Lily replied, appearing behind me.
I turn around and instantly smile.
God she's so beautiful.
"For you." I say, passing her the flowers. She takes them and leans in to hug me.
"Youre so sweet." Her arms wrap around my shoulders, still holding the flowers in one hand.
"Thank you."
"Anytime." I reply, kissing her head.

Tonight, we're going to my parents party, which is like the one they held near the time I first met Lily. My parents are quite wealthy people, and they hold the party's for them and their work colleagues.
"Damn Lily." I mutter, as I gently hit her ass. "You're looking hot."
"Hey!" She jumps slightly and turns to me "none of that until after the party." She points a finger at me and then turns back to the mirror, checking her makeup. I shake my head and laugh.
"Okay fine." I say, standing behind her and massage her shoulders. "You do look beautiful though."
She turns around, finished with her makeup, and kisses me. A teasing kiss that will no doubt stay in my mind for the whole of the party.
"Thank you, you do too."
"You ready to go?" I ask, looking over her outfit. A dark green dress, a silver necklace and a few rings, including the promise ring I got her a few years back. She nods and walks out the room, but I linger there for a second making sure she's gone.
I quickly take the box out of the drawer, putting it in my bag.
"Are you coming Liv?" I hear Lily shout, I quickly reply yes and rush out of the room, joining her.

When we arrive, there's already a lot of people there, and they greet us as we walk to find my parents. 
"Olivia, lily!" I hear my dad say, as we find him. He gives us each a hug and we converse with him before separating to find my mum.
She's stood with some other guests, but quickly breaks away from them when she sees us.
We talk for a while before we say our goodbyes.
"Have fun." She says, giving me a a look that I know Lily notices. I told my mum I would be doing it today and I'm starting to regret it.
"What was that look about?" Lily asks, as my mum walks away.
"No clue."

After an hour or so of socialising with my parents guests, I find Lily chatting to my dad.
"Hey Olivia." She says, and my dad smiles at me.
"Hey guys, mind if I steal Lily for a sec dad?"
"Not at all Liv."
I smile and take Lily's hand, leading her through the party and out the back door, into the garden.
"What's up?" She asks, as I close the door.
"Just needed a break really." She nods and takes a few steps forward, leaning on the fence of the decking. I see she's distracted, and I quickly take the box out of my bag, holding it in my hand.
"Lily.."
"Yeah?" She turns round to face me, and I start talking.
"Last time I was at one of my parents parties with you, I came to find you out here, and you were stood in the same place you are now. You were looking at the stars and I told you that they were beautiful, but I wasn't talking about the stars. I mean, you looked so beautiful that night, and that then, was when I knew. When I stood out here, holding your hand, telling you that you deserved better. I knew that I wanted to be that person for you. And ever since then i have been." I take her hand, and I can see her eyes have gone glossy. "I gave you this promise ring, on Christmas Eve three years ago, but now I want to give you a real one."
I kneel down, and open the box in my hand, and tears form in my eyes, as I watch her Cry.
"Lily, you are the best thing in my life and I am so happy that I can wake up everyday and call you mine. I love you so much, words can't even describe it, but I just hope that this is enough." At this point I'm crying now too and my voice slightly breaks. "Will you marry me?"
She nods instantly and smiles, as the tears stream down her face. "Yes." She says, as I stand up, sliding the ring onto her finger. I pull her into a hug, and her arms wrap around my neck.
"I love you so much." She says, as she pulls away, and kisses me. My arms tighten around her waist and I pull her closer, kissing her back with the same energy that she's kissing me with.
"I love you too Lily." I say, before kissing her again.

Officially the end..🥲
I hope you all enjoyed x