Part 7

After I had got changed, I made my way back to my room. As I stood outside my door, my nerves increased. Why, out of all people am I feeling this for my brothers girlfriend. I sighed and raised my hand to knock on the door.
"Can I come in?" I asked through the door, waiting for her response.
"Yeah."
I opened the door and walked in, my jaw slightly dropping when I looked at her. I bit my lip. I could definitely get used to her wearing my clothes. My eyes travelled down her body, and back up before meeting hers. She smiled shyly under my gaze, I guess she caught me checking her out.
"How is it you still manage to look that beautiful in pyjamas?" I ask, causing a giggle from her. We stayed stood there for a moment, soft smiles on our faces,but the moment was interrupted when my door burst opened.
I turned around quickly, wondering who is bursting into my room so aggressively.
"Are you trying to steal my girlfriend, you dyke bitch." He slurred, leaning against the door.
"No Ryan." I replied sighing "what do you want?"
"Are you trying to fuck my sister or something?" he asked, stumbling past me and towards lily. I looked at her and she looked.. scared. Ryan stopped close in front of her before asking again, "are you?!"
"No baby of course not." She replied, quietly.
He took another step forward, and I didn't like where it was going.
I quickly stepped over to where they were and put my arm out in front of lily, gently pushing her backwards a bit.
"Ryan, get out of my room."
"Why? So you can fuck my girlfriend?"
"No, just get out." I replied, now standing fully in front of lily. She wasn't very tall, 5'4 maybe, so when ryan was getting that close to her while he was angry, I'm not surprised she was scared, luckily I'm only a tiny bit shorter than him, so it's harder to scare me.
"Go." I said, gesturing to my door.
"Fine, I'm going out with my friends anyways, Lily I'll text you tomorrow or something." He said angrily before stomping out my room and slamming the door.
What the fuck just happened?
Did he usually act that violent and intimidating towards her?
I breathed a sigh of relief, before turning around. My eyes filled with concern as they looked at the girl in front of me.
"Are you okay?" I asked, stepping forward and placing a gentle hand on her arm.
"Yeah I'm fine, just a little scary when he's drunk." She looked up, her eyes slightly glossy and my heart broke for her.
I used the hand that was on her arm to pull her in for a hug, as I felt her arms wrap tightly around my waist. In that moment, it felt right.
"Hey it's okay" I whispered into her hair.

After a while we pulled away from the hug,
"I should probably get home." She whispered, trying to avoid my eyes. I looked out of my window to see that it was still pouring it down.
"Stay here." I said " it's raining and dark. We have a spare room, and I've already given you clothes."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. It's not safe for you to walk out there on you own."
"Thank you."