Part 25

Lily's pov

I watched as what looked like a heated conversation took place at the table. Olivia looked angry and so did the waiter. I stood by the toilet door for an extra second, before I saw a surprised look on his face. I walked back, just as whatever Olivia was saying came to an end, and his smug look had been replaced by embarrassment and anger.
"Thank you." I say to him, glad to be getting out of here. He merely nods and clenches his jaw.
"Ready?" I ask Olivia, who nods and gives an obviously fake smile to the waiter.
As we walk away, I feel as though there's eyes on me, and as I'm about to turn around, a pair of gentle hands grabs my waist and directs me, so that I'm in front of Olivia. I assume she knew someone was looking at me too.
Warmth spread onto my cheeks, and I felt protected. Although, I'll have to ask her what she said to the waiter, when we get in the car.

She opened the door for me once again, and I got in. I waited until we were driving to ask.
"What happened with the waiter."
She looked briefly at me, and then put her eyes back on the road. "I just told him to back off really." She said, smirking a little.
"Somethings telling me that's not quite what you said." I replied laughing, and she did too.
"I told him I'd break his nose if he looked at you again like that, and he had a small dick."
I couldn't stop myself from laughing, that must've been why that smug smile had dropped off his face so quickly.
After I stopped laughing I turned to her, watching as her eyes concentrated on the road ahead. "Thank you. You know for sticking up for me."
She smiled, and turned to me with warmth in her eyes. "It's just the bare minimum, you don't need to thank me." She once again, reached across the car and put her hand on my knee again. After a minute or so, I laced my fingers with hers and let our hands rest on my thigh as we drove. "Where are we going?" I asked, as she rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb. "I figured as we have until twelve, we can go to the drive in theatre." I smiled, I loved drive in theatres.
"They're playing toy story, so if you don't want to watch that we can do something else?"
I love toy story.
"Nope. I love toy story, thank you."
She smiles and squeezes my hand.

When we get there, she backwards parks, and I question how we will watch the movie of the car is the wrong way.
She gets out, gesturing me to follow, and opens the boot of the car. It's decorated with pillows and blankets, and it's got a box of snacks and drinks at the side.
"Oh my god." I say, admiring how much effort she's put into this.
"You like it?" She says, as she wraps her hands around my waist and pulls me in.
"I love it." 
I wrap my arms around her neck and rest my head on her chest. "No ones ever really put this much effort into a date with me before."
"Well you better get used to it." She replies, now moving to hold my waist. I pull back, but keep my arms there. "That is, if you want to go on more dates with me?"
I smile up at her, she seems almost nervous.
"I would love to."