Part 38

Olivias pov
Christmas eve

Im spending Christmas eve with Lily and her family, and then I'm going to my house tomorrow to spend Christmas Day with my parents. I arrive at Lily's house with a bag full of presents for her and her family, and knock on the door.
I'm instantly greeted by Archie who shouts "Olivia!" And hugs me. I crouch down to hug him back, while gently dropping the bag on the floor.
"Hey buddy, I got a present for you." I say as he lets go of me.
"Really?" He asks, and I can see the excitement in his smile.
"Yep but you have to wait until tomorrow."
He sighs and mutters and aww sound before smiling again and shrugging.
"Okay." I smile back and ruffle his hair gently before looking up and seeing lily.
"Hey." She says, watching me as I stand up and Archie runs away.
"Hey baby." I say, hooking my arm around her waist and briefly pulling her in, kissing her on the cheek.
"I think I fall in love with you all over again every time you interact with him." She says quietly to me as I pull away. I can't help the smile fall onto my face from hearing that, and the way she's looking at me let's me know that shes telling the truth.
"I don't blame you, I am quite the charmer." I reply, a smirk on my face which quickly turns into a genuine smile as I see her roll her eyes and move away from me.
"I hate you." She mutters, fake annoyance on her face, while she walks away with me running a after her.
"Didn't you just say you love me?"
She turns round and rolls her eyes before walking into the living room.
Her Christmas tree is in the corner with various sizes of presents all wrapped differently.
I place my bag on the floor and put the presents under the tree, all apart from Lily's, which I keep in the bag to take to her room.
"Oh! Hi Olivia." I hear Lily's mum say from behind me, and I turn around giving her a smile. "Didn't know you'd got here yet."
"Hi mrs brown, I just got here a few minutes ago."
She nods and gestures to a present next to the tree.
"That one there is for you." A kind smile sits on her face and I feel welcomed.
"You didn't have too." I say, not really knowing what to say in this situation. "Thank you though, I've put yours under the tree."
I stand up and she walks over, enveloping me in a hug.
"Thank you for looking after Lily, you're nothing like those boys she used to bring home to us." I smile and I'm about to reply but Lily speaks.
"Mum I'm right here you know."
"I'm just telling Olivia that I think she's good for you, nothing wrong with that."
Lily rolls her eyes but still smiles nevertheless, and we exchange goodbyes before She takes me to her room.
"She is right you know." She says, as she closes the room to her door. I put the bag on the floor and sit on the edge of her desk.
"About what?" I question, as she walks over
To stand between my legs.
"You being good for me." Her arms wrap around my neck and my hands find her waist like they always do. She rests her head on my chest and I smile before kissing her head, and wrapping my arms around her waist.
"Well in that case I guess I'll stick around." She looks up at me with disbelief and let's go of me, walking over to her bed. I jump off her desk and follow her.
"ay." I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her back to me. "Where do you think you're going."
I can see the smile threatening to fall onto her face as she fakes annoyance again.
"Away from you."
I put my hand on my heart and my smile disappears and is replaced by a frown.
"Ill go then." I reply, reaching my hand to the door and turning around.
"No." She says, and I turn back to face her watching as she jumps onto her bed, and I can't help the smile I've been holding back.
"Fine." I mutter, jumping onto the bed next to her.
I avoid looking at her and I can see that she's doing the same, and we're both trying to stay serious. Until I look at her at the same time as she looks at me and we both burst out laughing. After we've stopped laughing I grab the tv remote and turn it on, going onto Netflix.
"What shitty Christmas romcom do you want to watch then?" I ask as I put my arm around her shoulders and she leans into me.
"Whatever, I don't mind."

Eventually we end up putting on love actually, which we've both seen, but it's pretty much a tradition to watch it at Christmas. Half way through the movie I fall asleep, and I'm not woken until it's finished.
"Hey sleepy head." Lily's says, as she looks up from her phone.
"Hello" I mumble, as I let myself fully wake up.
"Do you want your present now?" She asks, and jumps up off the bed excitedly.
"Yeah." I say, sitting up and watching as she opens her desk draw.
She sits down next to me with a gift box, that she hands to me.
"Open it."
I carefully open the box to see a black leather bracelet, with a <3 engraved onto a silver magnet.
"I have a matching one too but if you don't like it that's okay." I look up at her and I can see that she's nervous.
"Baby." I say, grabbing her hand and squeezing it. "I love it."
"You do?"
"Yeah."I confirm, taking it out the box and disconnecting it so I can put it on.
I hold out my wrist and pass the bracelet to Lily who puts it on my wrist. I hold it up and smile, it fits perfectly.
"Thank you baby." I say, before gently kissing her.
"Your welcome." She mutters with a smile as we pull away.
"You not putting yours on?" I ask, and she nods, getting up and opening a box on her draw and taking out the matching bracelet.
I help her put it on and she smiles at me.
"I always wanted matching bracelets with someone." She says as she looks at our wrists next to each other.
"I promise I'll wear it everyday." I reply as I kiss her on the cheek, before getting up.
"Now yours." I say, getting her the cardboard box in the bag. I pull it out and place it on her lap, an excited smile on her face.
"This is kinda heavy." She says, as she opens the top of the box.