Chapter 9

Sunshines POV

Mi see him behind mi a stare mi dung, mi juss a laugh to miself caah pitty him nuh know what's in store fih him later.

'Bout uh a try deprive mi of what's mine fava eediat, a ediat wid a nice big buddy' my subconscious teased.

After I finished feeding the babies and putting them to sleep it was about 2:30.'laad time run fast maasa' I got the plate from Alec and realized he was just staring at me all this time. "Take a picture, maybe it wih last longer," I said, as I pulled the glass the orange juice was in from his hands.

He chuckled and came up to me and kiss me on my forehead then whispered in my ear "gwan tempt mi, mi aguh show uh why dem call mi long distance stulla" I burst out in a fit of laughter and say "a who call uh dat? Stop tell lie pan ppl". He only shook his head and headed to our bedroom.

While still laughing I went downstairs and got the dishes cleaned and the baby's bottles. I then gave my mother a call she left this morning saying she was going on a date.

'A wah this man'

She answered sounding a bit out of breath and in that same moment mi ask god please nuffi send mi mind weh it a try guh. "Uh ok, mommy? How uh a breath suh hard?"

She reply "nuh worry mi child mi ok I'll be home soon" and with that, the lady hang up inah mi ears. Mi juss shake mi head an laugh to miself. Oh if the tables turned and mi juss hang up suh inah fih her ears mi wouldn't see the end of it but as she love seh "Everybody tunn big woman now".

I'm already in the kitchen suh might as well mi start dinner the time a get late anyways. Thank god fih the hot water caah sometimes mi nuh know how dem meat yah woulda taw out suh quick. I plan on cooking something simple 'white rice and brown stew chicken' one of my favorite since mi pregnant and Alec love it too. I hear my phone ringing and the song best friend by Saweetie and Doja start playing I know exactly who's calling.

I quickly move to the phone and answer "Hey bestie" we both scream in unison. We then laughed and I saw Mr.Blue Shirt a peep over inah the phone. Hey, Mr.Blue shirt wassup I said laughing. He chuckled and
we hailed up each other.

Backtrack a little, do y'all remember when we went out on the girl's night out and Mr.Blue shirt was flirting with my girl?
Well, fun fact, they are a couple now, he treats her like a queen and makes her happy asf. My girl is glowing and growing fat in all the right places. Mi seh the gyal all a get thick up.

They went to Panama a couple of weeks ago on a frickin date, like tf, who does that?
There is where he asked her to be his girlfriend, he's such a gentleman and any man that treats my friend with love and respect gets a sticker in my book.
Me and my best friend aguh talk all when we nuh really have nuhn fih talk bout inuh. She stayed on the phone with me until I was finished cooking and when we were saying our goodbyes like on cue mommy walk in.

"Like uh did a time the pot man," I said with a smile. She laughed and said "Well a nuff time uh an dah one deh pan the phone time fimi" we all laughed and she moved towards the phone and they both started talking. I walked upstairs to check on the babies, I also went to tell Alec that food was ready but he was fast asleep.

I called him softly, and knowing him, he's a light sleeper so any little noise or movement aguh wake him. He lift his head from the pillow "wahm b?" He said. "The food ready" he nodded and I made my way downstairs. I went into the kitchen and mommy was still there my phone is face down so it must hang up "suh mommy uh-uhm a when uh aguh mek we meet that person wah uh aguh pan so much date with?"

Mi only hear the lady say "then unuh watch mi dine trial, mi never know introduction did needed" I burst out in a fit of laughter caah jah know dah lady yah a smtn else. "Wah uh mean mommy, then mi nuh must waah see who a bring out mi mother every other day". She only smiled and as a Jamaican Pitney born and raised mi know a yah suh dissa conversation yah end.

I just smiled and went to share out mi miserable man dinner. Five minutes later I saw him coming in the kitchen "jah know b is like uh did know seh a this mi want boie mi tell uh seh mi love uh?" I giggled and walked towards the dining room. I ran upstairs and made one last check on the babies before I start eating just to ensure that they are still sleeping and are ok.

I made my way back downstairs and I see Alec and my Mom at the dining table having a conversation that is full of laughter. As soon as my presence is known dem stop laughing and chatting. "Oh suh a mi unuh did a chat, a me unuh really come bout?" I say as I watch them both laugh again. "See wah mi a talk bout" Alec say to mommy and they both laugh.
Hear me now "Is that a inside joke well it's not funny hahaha".

They both look at each other then at me an laugh again. Mi juss kiss mi teeth an continue eat mi food while mi scroll threw Instagram...

———————-———————-———————-————

Mi naah badda unuh inuh but juss follow the Book Instagram Page Fimi deh please an thanks @sunshines.pov

pov