Of all the gin joints

"Be careful what you wish for." It had been her last sentence to me, her voice had been soft yet teasing. And the more I kept on hearing this sentence in my head, the less I manage to find the meaning behind it. She had seemed as surprised as myself when she got out of her car to find us both sitting on the green grass. She hadn't said anything, but her eyes had spoken for her. She surely didn't expect to find me with her... her what exactly? She couldn't be her daughter as her children had less than twelve years old. But they had the same family name. It didn't make sense. That's when I realized, Mrs.Brown had a brother in law, Elle must have been her niece then. I blushed hard as I realized what position I was in. I was in love with Mrs.Brown while her niece was attracted to me. How would I handle that? I was now sitting in the car as the redhead drove away in silence. I kept on bitting my lower lip, unsure of what to say, what to do. Was I to say anything? I doubted it, they probably both wanted me to stay quiet. I could feel the tension surrounding us and it didn't please me at all. I just needed them both to remain ignorant of the situation, they couldn't know about one another. Not this way, not now. I had to let them know myself, although I refused to let Mrs.Brown know about that kiss. It wasn't any of her business after all.

"Here you go." She said simply as she stopped before my house. I didn't even tell her the address, how could she know I lived here? Shrugging to myself, I thanked her, and got off the car. Finally, I was home. She didn't leave as quickly though, she waited for me to open the door and to close it behind me. I stared at the car through the window of the living room, and saw her get off. What was she doing? She made her way to the front door and that's when I heard her knock. Gulping hard, I ran to the door, not wanting her to wake my parents. Breathless, I faced her, unsure.

"I just need to know. What happened to you this morning?" She seemed tortured, almost scared to know the answer. Frowning, I thought about lying to her but couldn't. So I told her half the truth.

"I felt suddenly sick, I had to get some fresh air." I explained, watching her sigh in relief.

What was that about? She stayed there, biting on her lower lip which captured my attention.

"I just needed to make sure I hadn't scared you away the other day. When you comforted me." She announced, making me both confused and nervous.

Was she mentionning her teasing mind game or was she scared of me not wanting to be around her because she had confided into me? I needed her to be sure I didn't regret that.

"It had nothing to do with you. I'd comfort you again if you needed me too." I confided, making her smile shyly as she blushed, my heart going crazy in my chest.

"Thank you." She nodded, taking a step back.

" Well I'd better go. Elle's waiting." It was my time to nod as she started walking away only to stop about ten feets away. She turned around, smirking.

"You know, sometimes being carefree is fun."

There she was again with her mind games. What could this possibly mean? Was she now implying that she wanted me to make a step toward her? But the other day she wanted me to be careful. Lost and confused, I watched her make her way toward the car where Elle seemed to be watching us from. I waved at them both and closed the door only to watch it disappear on the other end of the street through the living room window. Sighing, I went upstairs and fell onto my bed, tired. I changed into more comfortable clothes. As I was about the drift to sleep, my phone buzzed. Looking at it, I gulped as I read the message.

#I get it now, you're in love with her, it's okay. I'll keep your secrets. Just be careful. - Elle.