Twenty-Nine

"My stomach in knots." B mumbled, clutching Amar'e's hand as he led the way to the front of the brown estate.

Today the Mayor had a big announcement he was making, so he invited friends and family over for an invite only gathering to hear the news first before releasing the story to the press. B would be meeting majority of Amare's family for the first time and it had her nerves shot.

"Relax, I got you." He said as their fingers intertwined, making their way to the backyard from inside the house.

Cars lined the block with staff ushering guest to the backyard where the event was taking place. The colors of the night were white and gold since Jasmine was in charge of planning and wanted everything to coordinate.

B kept it clean in a white tube top, a tailored gold and white sequined skirt, and some white sandal heels paired with her white Dior saddle bag. Her hair was sleeked back into a 24 inch ponytail that hung down the middle of her back. Diamonds danced in her earlobes, neck, wrist and fingers further complimenting the look.

The backyard of the home was transformed into an upscale dinning experience. Servers walked away with trays of food and hired musicians played all the classics. It was an intimate feel with a touch of elegance. It didn't take long for B and Jasmine to find each other before finding Naya and Imani as well.

From across the backyard, Saint had a clear view of Amber laughing and talking with some of his aunts and cousins. He kissed his teeth already knowing it was gonna be some shit.

Deciding to diffuse the situation before it heated up, he made his way over to where she stood.

"Yo Amber." Saint called out to her, motioning for her to come over.

"Hi baby daddy." Amber smirked, her hands naturally resting on her growing baby bump.

"What you be saying to B?" He asked, getting right to it.

"Who's B?" Amber asked with a frown, playing dumb.

"Don't be saying nothing to her or about her that you know I won't like before I let her walk you down after you have the baby." He said as Amber kissed her teeth.

"You would really let some bitch you met five minutes ago put hands on me?" She mugged, rolling her eyes.

"You heard what the fuck I said." He shouted as he walked away from her.

He made his rounds around the party before looking for B who was caught up in a whole conversation with one of his aunts. Just off body language alone he could tell she was getting tense.

"...I just feel like my nephew should be with the mother of his child and make it work for the baby. I know that's not what you wanna hear baby but it's the truth." He could hear his Aunt Charice talking shit as he walked over. B was unfazed but shit like that bothered him. He was a grown ass man capable of choosing who he wanted to be with.

"Yo auntie let me talk to my girl please. And stop wit all that Amber shit cause you don't even like her." Amar'e said, walking away with B before his aunt had the chance to say anything.

"I'm your girl now?" B smirked, intertwining her fingers with his as he led them to the bar.

"You been mine." He said confidently.

"You can think that, but you gotta get me to know that." B stressed. "You on your way though."

"I'm on my way huh?" He smirked, hooking his arm around her neck and pulling her close before kissing her cheek.

"Amar'e stoppp, everybody staring." B chuckled, feeling heat on her face from the way everybody was looking at them as he continued to shower her in affection.