Thirty-Three

Three months later...

The crisp fall Atlanta air nipped at B's cheeks as she stepped out Fulton County courthouse with Jasmine behind her. The hood of her cashmere trench coat concealed majority of her face as camera flashes nearly blinded the two women who rushed to get into the awaiting black truck.

"Britney can you answer a few questions please?" A bright eye'd reporter asked, damn near shoving her mic and camera in B's face.

"Get that fuckin camera off me." She warned with a pointed finger before getting in the car behind Jasmine.

"Can you believe this our fuckin life now? Going to court like a mob family." Jasmine sighed, kicking off her Dior Origine ankle boots getting comfortable.

"No deadass I'm sick of this shit. And to top it off Amar'e gotta fuckin attitude everytime I go visit as if I put his dumbass in that situation." B scoffed, rolling her eyes. Shit been on the outs between the couple ever since Amar'e got locked up.

"Oh the Brown men just so stank right now. My dad is mad at the fuckin world cause his son is a criminal." Jasmine ranted, both girls feeling the pressures of the last three months weighing down on them heavily.

The day Amar'e got arrested was when everything finally came out about the double life he lived which his family had no idea about. Jasmine always had an inkling, but Anthony was completely in the dark. Although everything was now in the open, Anthony's team advised that neither he nor Jasmine address the rumors or anything else related to the case.

Amar'e covered his bases early to ensure his father's reputation remained intact, but even some things were out of his control.

"I'm over all this shit." B mumbled. "God gotta take us off the strongest soldiers list."

"Like tonight type shit." Jasmine co-signed as B chuckled.

After brunch at The Hive, B had the driver drop her off to her apartment since she couldn't stomach staying at Amar'e's house. His presence was everywhere in that house and being there only made her miss him even more than she already did.

Flicking the lights on once she made it inside, her eyes fell over to the large pink and white floral arrangement on her counter that was beautifully arranged in a heart shaped wicker basket. A smile grew on her face as she dropped her purse on the counter, taking a picture of the flowers. Grabbing the card, she read the note already knowing who it was from. Even from prison he still found a way to make shit up to her.

I love you, thank you for always showing up for me even when I don't deserve it. Please stop ignoring my calls, I learned my lesson.

- Amar'e

She smirked as she dialed the number to get in contact with him, going through the proper channels before hearing his voice come through the phone.

"Wow must be my lucky day to hear from my girl after two weeks." He said sarcastically.

"Yeah must be." B co-signed, leaning over to smell the flowers.

"You looked mad good in court today, seeing you be making my day swear to god." He expressed, causing her to smile as much as she didn't want to. Despite how upset she was with him, she still attended each of his court dates in support.