Twenty-Six

"What you mean you gotta go help Calina?" B mugged, now pulling away from Saint who knew shit was about to go left quick. The energy shifted as soon as he explained to B what the call was about.

"B It's not even like that, I told you she got robbed and held at gunpoint." He emphasized.

As it turned out, Calina called Saint in a frenzy saying her lash shop got broken into just as she was about to leave, being held at gunpoint with the money she was left with to deposit for the shop. She felt it had something to do in relation to Saint so she called him first.

Once Saint heard what happened, it made his blood boil. If anyone was trying to send a message to him they should of did so directly instead of going through those around him. He related the situation to his father getting shot in relation to him and was starting to see a pattern.

B on the other hand didn't give a fuck. As long as Calina was alive and breathing there was nothing else to talk about.

"And what the fuck are you gonna do that the police can't?" B asked with a bewildered expression.

"She called me for a reason, I can't go see wassup and come back?" He asked. B was flabbergasted to say the very least.

"Come back where? Cause you not coming back here, tuh." She scoffed.

"Why you being like that?" He mugged, kissing his teeth.

"You still care about her?" B asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nah." He lied. "I'm just tryna do what's right."

"See you're lying already and that's the problem. Matter fact just get the fuck out and go cause you're playing fuckin dumb." B said, tying her hair up so she could go take her makeup off. She was over it.

"You doing all this for what?" He mugged.

"Now Amar'e." She reiterated as he kissed his teeth, grabbing his keys off the counter.

"Mad ass." She mumbled as he left her apartment, slamming the door in the process.

——————

"Why you ask me to meet you over here?" Saint asked Calina as soon as she got in his car. He just pulled up to her apartment, deciding to meet her out in the car. He was working on earning B's trust and didn't want Calina painting a false narrative which he felt could easily happen if he were to go inside.

"I needed a way to get your attention so happy to know that's what it takes to get it." Calina said as he sparked up. He could tell she was inebriated, smelling the alcohol all on her breath.

"What you mean you needed a way to get my attention?" He mugged, inhaling the strong indica dominant strain which always seemed to help him relax and unwind after a long day.

"I might of fabricated the story about the shop." She mumbled. He inhaled more smoke, letting her words resonate with him.

"So you lied about getting robbed?" He asked with a dumbfounded expression.

"Yeah and so what? I been telling you I wanted to talk but you stay playing me to the left." She mugged.

Time seemed to freeze as he gave her the coldest stare, picturing himself with his hands wrapped around her throat choking her out. That right there was an eye opener for him, proving that if he wanted to really shit with B to continue going in the right direction he would have to cut off all dead weight.