Forty-One

"Amar'e hurry up! We're gonna be mad late." B huffed, latching her diamond studs in each ear lobe before rushing out the bathroom of the brand new home.

Amar'e recently purchased a one bedroom at the Aman after their frequent trips to New York, knowing B loved the Upper East Side since it was close to all her favorite stores. She felt like Eloise staying on the "tippy-top" floor of the most expensive hotel in the city.

Looking in the mirror she gave her outfit one last once over. Tonight she was dressed in a white corset tulle skirt mini dress and white satin Miu Miu bow stilettos. Her natural hair was in a sleek low bun which gave her the perfect opportunity to wear her attention grabbing GRAF diamond necklace.

Walking out the bedroom, she was surprised to see Amar'e waiting for her in the living room holding a black gift bag. She couldn't help but take in his attire, subtly matching her fly. Her favorite part of his look was the white Saint Laurent dress shirt buttoned up halfway slightly showing the tattoos on his chest. The way he put that shit on had her ready to take it off him.

"What's this?" She asked skeptically, taking the bag from him.

"Open it." He chuckled, watching her open the gift bag. She pulled the Judith Leiber dust bag out with excitement, pulling the draw string which revealed the beautiful silver swan bag.

Tonight they were going to see "Swan Lake" by the New York City ballet at the David Koch center, so the bag was the perfect addition to an already exciting evening for her. Amar'e dreaded nothing more than sitting through two hours of ballerinas twirling on stage but he knew it meant everything to B. 

"It's so beautiful." She said in admiration, a longing sigh escaping her lips."And it goes with my outfit."

"Yeah I had to sneak to Bergdorf's after you told me what you were wearing." He chuckled.

"So that's why you were so pressed to see my outfit." She teased as he laughed. "Thank you baby, I love it."

"Anything for you." He said as she leaned up to give him a kiss. 

Leaving the hotel, they walked out to the house car waiting out front to take them to their destination.

"What you get into today?" He asked her once they got settled in the car.

"I went to go see my nephew, went to grammy's of course and then I went to my Uncle's house cause he just got outta jail." B explained. "Then I dropped in on some of my friends."

Amar'e spent majority of their morning in New York in business meetings, so B took the opportunity to visit her friends and family and even had to drop in on Melo about sending unsolicited flowers to her home.

"Why wouldn't I send a beautiful girl flowers?" He told her once she asked him, trying to make her fold under pressure. She knew better than to go in his apartment, opting to sit outside on the steps like they used to do when they were kids.

"Damn." Amar'e said, breaking her out her thoughts as she laughed. "How's ya family doing?"

"They're good, they tried to front like they didn't miss me saying they just saw me." B said as he laughed.

"How was your meeting with Storm?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll probably know in the next couple days." He said, not giving anything away.