Thirty-Seven

"I know damn well you didn't fuck this bitch so why you coming over here at almost three in the morning?" B asked Amar'e off rip the second she swung the door open.

"I was helping her set the nursery up, she got the game fucked up movin like the fuckin feds." He explained, reaching down to pick up a very excited Chanel.

"Fuck that, she got me fucked up. I'm thinking something happened to you but you laid up in this bitch bed looking stupid!" B shouted, the wine she was drinking doing nothing to relax her like she originally thought.

"I wasn't laid up in her fuckin bed! Calm your hot ass down." He gripped, startling Chanel in the process.

"And then you got me blowin up your fuckin phone but you was in there dead body, sleeping peacefully in that bitch house." B ranted, finishing the last couple sips of wine from her glass.

"My phone was on DND, that's my fault but I didn't do nothing with that girl."

"Yeah stop putting that shit on DND I been fuckin told you I don't like that shit." She gripped as he kissed his teeth.

"Why the fuck are you acting like that?" He frowned. "I never gave you no reason to be acting like that."

"Cause ya got me so fucked up." She spat.

"Nah tell me what's bothering you cause you don't even believe what you thinking right now." He said, knowing she was jumping to a million and one conclusions.

"Everything that's been going on is mad overwhelming and now this whole thing with Amber just adding on to my anxiety." She finally admitted, letting out a shaky breath.

"Come here." He said, placing Chanel down before holding his arms out in her direction.

She walked into his warm embrace, instantly feeling her mind at ease as he gave her a tight squeeze.

"I'm good, you don't have to worry about me."

"Yes I do and I will." She said stubbornly as he chuckled, kissing her forehead.

"I love you." He said, giving her butterflies.

"I love you more stink." She said sweetly.

"Imma let that slide." He mumbled at she chuckled.

"Now that you know your baby mama is overly obsessed with you, what are your plans to get her checked into a mental facility?" B asked with a raised eyebrow once they pulled away from each other.

"I'm goin to bed B." He chuckled. "You coming?"

"How you still tired even after being knocked out cold in that girls bed like that?" She asked, taking his outstretched hand.

"You not gonna let this shit go huh?" He mumbled, leading them to the bedroom.

————

The next morning B woke up to two red rose bouquets along with breakfast in bed piled with all her favorites. Amar'e even had her bath ready then scheduled an in home massage for her to unwind knowing she had a busy day ahead of her. The last couple months she took a step back from her styling business, but now she was ready to get back in the field.

She kept the look simple for the meeting — a blue ribbed-knit midi dress from Loewe, black Saint Laurent New Nuit crystal satin sandals and a black Bottega Andiamo Intrecciato leather wallet. Her yellow gold Tiffany double row hinged bracelet matched the Bottega knot earrings she wore. Her natural hair was pulled into a sleek top knot and her face held a minimal beat.

A Player's PrayerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara