Eighteen

"No weapons past this point please gentleman." The heavy set security guard's voice boomed as Juice, Saint and Angelo were patted down outside the establishment where they would be meeting up with the five families. Essentially the meet was just for Saint but Angelo and Juice came along for the ride.

"No weapons past this point and I'm not walking in that bitch." Saint said, already on ten. That no weapon shit was dead, he wasn't stupid.

"I'm just doing my job sir." Security said in a firm tone.

"Congratulations." Saint said sarcastically.

Making a quick phone call, security reluctantly ushered Saint in telling Juice and Angelo they would have to wait outside.

Making his way into the room, he was greeted by stone cold expressions on the faces of the Godfathers. The only familiar face behind the table was Nikai. The two empty chairs symbolized the absence of two now deceased Godfathers; Christopher and Don Miguel.  Security was armed since they learned Saint refused to hand in his gun, standing close to the table where the Godfathers were seated.

The tension could be cut with a knife, all eyes on him. If looks could kill he would be six feet under.

"Amar'e Brown, you are here to answer a summons that you in cold blooded fashion murdered three made men. Julian, Christopher and Don Miguel." The older black man who Saint assumed to be Isiah said, getting right to it.

"Right." Saint said, expressionless as he took a seat across from the men.

"I'll start." Dario, Christopher's capo said, clearing his throat. "This Saint character not only murdered a made man he murdered a Godfather, the backbone of the Lupertazzi family and had the nerve to try and cover it up."

"Never tried to cover it up." Saint interjected.

"My family wants the contract for his death. It is my right." Dario continued. He needed the five families blessing in order to put his plan into play.

"I thought ya didn't go after families and kids and shit. So why ya turn a blind eye to Christopher holding a kid hostage in Texas for nearly three years?" Saint said, letting his eyes shift from each face staring back at him.

"We're asking the questions here." Another Godfather said as Saint chuckled, shaking his head.

"It's okay he's feeling himself cause he got a gun in his pocket." Dario spat.

"Same way you feeling yourself cause Christopher no longer here to give you your marching orders." Saint retorted, watching Dario tense up.

"Alright moving on." Isiah called out, trying to keep the peace in the room.

"Saint killed both Julian and Don Miguel, two important members of the Sicario cartel and of course two made men." Julio, Don Miguel's right hand said, his emotions playing all on his face.

"Yeah I admit to doing that with good reason. Julian stole from me and Don Miguel put out a hit on me that ended up targeting my father. I did what anyone else in here would of done."

"You killed a made man you should be dead!" Julio shouted, now visibly angry as he stood from his seat.

"What kind of respected organization let's a stunad walk around harmless after he kills three made men? Are we a joke?" Dario barked, now speaking directly to the other god fathers as he joined in the conversation.

"Are you questioning my authority Dario?" Isiah asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm questioning the integrity." Dario said.