Sixteen

All eyes were on the Brown family, filling into the Capitol Building in D.C all in support of one another as court got ready to start. New reporters flooded the scene along with popular media companies all anticipating the most talked about trial.

"And the trial begins. This morning Mayor Anthony Brown's assailant sixteen year old Jason Alvarez is in court. Known in the streets as "Sticks", Alvarez is said to be an affiliate of the notorious Sicario cartel in New York so authorities are questioning if this is a random attack or retaliation of some sort. Along with Alvarez is the mayor's eldest Amar'e Brown and youngest Jasmine Brown testifying on his behalf in just a moment." One reporter rattled off.

What law enforcement failed to realize was the Mayor's assailant was shot and killed courtesy of Juice not too long after the incident. Sticks was instructed by the Sicario cartel to turn himself in as a cover up, knowing he was a minor with a first time offense. It would also look favorable in court that he voluntarily turned himself over instead of dragging out the court proceedings any longer.

The Brown's were keeping appearances with all eyes on them, dressed in their Sunday best. Especially Jasmine. She was in a monochromatic look full black with a tailored Chanel tweed cropped blazer jacket and a Noir Togo birkin with palladium hardware in hand. Dark sunglasses shielded her eyes and two heavy diamond studs adorned her ears. The press couldn't get enough loving how she pulled up to court in style despite the circumstances.

Jasmine and Amar'e were essentially in court today as character witnesses. The senate wanted to believe that Mayor Brown was just a victim to a crime, but they still had a duty to investigate.

Saint took the stand with the coldest expression raising his right hand as he repeated the sworn testimony with his left hand on the Bible.

"Please state your full name for the record." Senator Ronald J Stewart's voice boomed in the mic after Saint took his seat.

Saint cleared his throat before leaning into the mic. "Amar'e Joseph Brown."

"Mr. Brown how do you know the defendant?"

"He's my father."

"How long have you known the defendant?"

"Twenty six years."

"How would you describe the defendant?"

"He has a good reputation for honesty and is well respected in the Atlanta community and elsewhere. He's a great father, grandfather and role model."

"Did you speak to the defendant on the day of the incident?"

"Yeah earlier that morning."

"Mr. Brown, did the defendant sound scared or tense about anything the morning you spoke?"

"No."

"Did you speak to the defendant after the accident?"

"Yeah I went to go see him at the hospital."

"Did the defendant say anything to you regarding the accident after it happened?"

"He just went into detail about what happened."

Saint kept shit real vague and brief knowing most of them were looking for any signs of hesitancy or waiting for him to babble so they could paint a picture to fit the narrative the republican media have already created. According to Fox, Mayor Brown definitely had ties to the Mexican cartel and got caught in the crosshairs of a drug trafficking trade off gone wrong. Saint knew it would make their day if they ever found out how close to the truth they were. They were thinking too small, too obvious.