Twenty-Seven

Desirae's party came and went, a success in B's eyes with both Des' Atlanta and some of her New York friends popping out. Saija's cake was one of the highlights at the party with everyone inquiring about who made the cake.

B was now in New York at her favorite place in the world; her grandmothers house.

Spicy pepper shrimp, guyanese fried rice and broccoli were being prepared courtesy of her grandmother with B keeping her company in the kitchen. She was already filling her grandma in on her new apartment, therapy and work.

B was still working at Magic City but now part time while juggling the crazy day to day of being Future's personal stylist. She was slowly making a name for herself in the industry, navigating through the volatile nature of working in fashion. Everything she was learning was through her own trial and error and it was making her more an even more well rounded stylist. 

"Your apartment looks so good baby, I love it." Joyce said to B who was smiling from ear to ear as she showed her grandma pictures of her fully furnished apartment.

B felt so accomplished getting her own place in less than a year coming home and checking things off her list. She prided herself in getting shit done by any means necessary. In the past she would get to the money and flip it quick, but nowadays she was learning to appreciate the beauty of making money, saving it and watching it grow organically.

"Thank you grandma." B smiled, giving her grandma a loving embrace before kissing her cheek.

"And I love that you're loving Atlanta but don't stay away from me for too long before I have to move over there myself." Joyce said as B laughed.

"Oh please grandma, you know I could never stay away from you." B said as she and her grandma hugged again. Hugging her grandma always made her so emotional cause the warmth reminded her of the best childhood memories and how she always felt safe in her grandmothers arms. She couldn't even imagine life without her.

"So why the people sending me pictures on WhatsApp saying my grand daughter was in Paris with bad mon?" Joyce asked as B stifled a laugh.

"They in my business real bad cause I barely showed who I was with." B said. Her family members stayed watching face. "But you know I love bad mon grandma that ain't no secret."

"It's never too late to change baby." Joyce said as B chuckled.

"So tell me about him, I wanna know about the man who's flying my granddaughter out the country." Joyce said as B smiled.

"He's the same one I told you about from Auntie Loretta's dinner party thing when I first moved to Atlanta." B explained.

"Wow you must really like this one." Joyce said as B laughed.

"Yeah he's cool I guess." B said as her grandma laughed. "But he pissed me off bad lately so I had to put baby on ice."

"What happen?" Joyce asked with a raised eyebrow, looking over at B.

B went into the long winded back story of Amber, Calina and Amar'e's history to set the context before landing her point.

"So fast forward to a couple days ago, this skunt Calina calls Amar'e like oh her lash shop got robbed or whatever and he wanna tell me that he's about to go see what's good wit her just to find out she lied about getting robbed." B ranted.

"Now why she gotta be all that Britney?" Joyce chuckled, motioning for B to pass her the freshly chopped yellow onions to add to the fried rice. "But lying about getting robbed? How you mean?"