Twenty-Eight

As the weekend came to a close, B found herself back in Atlanta.

"You really not gonna tell me where we going so early?" B asked with a yawn, taking casual sips from her Starbucks drink as Desirae drove them to their destination. She refused to tell B where they were going, saying it was a surprise.

"Nah so stop asking." Desirae smirked, turning the volume up on the aux, drowning her sister out.

B leaned back against the seats with a huff, impatient as ever. She lowkey hated surprises, it gave her anxiety.

Making it in front of the Mercedes Benz dealership, B eyed her sister suspiciously.

"What's all that?"

"What's all what?" Desirae smiled, getting out the car waiting for B to follow suit.

"Bitches get a new car for their birthday and don't even say nothing." B chuckled, still oblivious to what was actually going on.

Leading the way inside the dealership, Desiree candidly greeted the car salesman before he led them to the car. The matte black AMG GT 4 door coupe glistened under the lights with a big red bow, ready to be taken to its new home.

"Wow it's so beautiful Des." B smiled, happy for her sister.

"Word I'm jealous." Desirae chuckled, handing the key fob over to B who finally understood what was happening.

"Wait whaaaat?" B smiled, feeling a surge of emotions wash over her.

"Yeah this all you, courtesy of mom and dad with some influence from me." Desirae said.

"Awe I'm about to cry." B chuckled, giving her sister a tight hug. "I love it."

"I knew you would. Congrats on everything, so proud of you." Desirae smiled as they released each other.

——————

——————

Walking into her apartment a couple hours later after lunch with Desirae and Mia, B felt like she was on cloud nine. Everything was finally starting to fall into place.

Putting the bag of leftovers in the fridge, she felt her phone vibrate in her hand with a text.

Amar'e: Good evening Britney, can I hear back from you or I gotta pull up?

Smirking she decided to leave the text on delivered, locking her phone.

Heading to her room, she stripped down before getting in the shower to call it a night. It was only going on seven but she didn't have any plans so she would be playing the crib.