27

Although JiYuan couldn't see Ye Junchi's expression, he could deduced from the look of the female cultivator on the other side that the killing intent in Ye Junchi's tone was true.

He has no doubt that Ye Junchi would kill her at the next moment.

The female cultivator was looking very pale in her face. Her body stiffly rooted on the ground where she stood, seemed to be unable to lift up even her fingers, her eyes reflecting the terror deep in her soul. Women's intuition has always been exceptionally accurate, she was aware that this masked man who suddenly appeared could take her life with just a wave of his finger.

Ye Junchi's gaze was frosty, he retrieved his slender finger and slowly caressed JiYuan's cheek which was injured with small cuts. He asked in a waveless voice, "Does it hurt?"

His heartbeat was beating quickly due to his whole body being shrouded inside the familiar light rosin smell, JiYuan was speechless from the stress and tension.

He shook his head, and paused for a while. Then, blankly replied in a hoarse voice, "Doesn't hurt."

There was no expression on Ye Junchi's face when he said, "But I'm hurt."

As soon as Ye Junchi finished his words, a fragment from the broken sword flew up from the ground and zoomed towards the female cultivator in a speed of light. She stared with wide eyes, her mouth opened not sure to call for help or curse and scold. Immediately, two red lines appeared on her white cheeks. The red lines spread out, like two blood centipedes suddenly exploded on her face. Her unsaid words turned into a shrill scream, the sharp voice piercing the spectators' eardrums, so painful it hurts. The spectators who were watching the fun shivered at the same time, they felt a chill rushing down their back.

JiYuan frowned, then his eyes were covered again.

"If you are scared, then close your eyes."

Ye Junchi's voice turned soft and gentle.

Looking at the darkness in front of his eyes, JiYuan blinked a few times. His long lashes swept up and down at Ye Junchi's palm. Ye Junchi couldn't help but pinched his waist, and whispered in a low voice, "Stop making trouble, I'm taking revenge on your behalf."

JiYuan swallowed, "Wait, don't kill her."

Ye Junchi : "The idiom 'to have tender, protective feelings for the fairer sex' is not meant for woman like her."

Pulling away his hand, JiYuan looked at the woman who was screaming painfully but couldn't move her own body. In his heart, he was feeling calm, not the slightest mercy appeared. He is not some 'silly white sweety' (naive people), and he is not a Father (priest) either. How could he be merciful to people who single-mindedly wanted to kill him? There was too many people around, JiYuan hesitated for a moment before reaching out to pull at Ye Junchi's collar. Ye Junchi followed the gesture and bowed down, reaching down to place a kiss on JiYuan's head along the way. His gaze was unpredictable, "Told you not to run around, what are you doing here?"

"I was wrong."

JiYuan quickly admitted his wrong, then went to whisper quickly what he guessed of the current situation at Ye Junchi's ear. Yun Cheng suddenly coming to the inn to look for him, it should be the work of those casual cultivators. Then he(YC) still haven't make sure if he is really JiYuan before pulling him to the assembly and pushing him into the fire pit the next. Plus the challenger onstage was actually that female cultivator –

Yun Cheng's attitude was also weird, there must be something wrong with him. This female cultivator might have some link to him(YC), so she is a bit useful. It would be better to let her keep her life a bit longer. Moreover, killing someone in front of so many people would inevitably get themselves marked. What both of them needed right now was not high-profile actions but low-key identities.