Chapter 22 - Disturbance

Y/N's POV

The week dragged on without any more interesting encounters. Besides a few glances in the hallway, I didn't talk to Ms Hathaway. Whenever I knocked at her door she wasn't there and even though I have her number I couldn't bring myself to message her since I didn't want to come over as too intrusive.

But since it is Friday and the upcoming weekend will give me no chance to see her, I can't help myself but message her.

Y/n
Hey, it's y/n. You gave me your phone number last Tuesday.

Miss H.
I remember. I was wondering why you didn't text earlier. Not only that, but I thought giving you my number had a reason.

Y/n
I didn't want to bother you.

Miss H.
You could never bother me. So what do you need from me?

Y/n
Are you hungry?

Miss H.
Nop, I ate something earlier. And before you ask: Yes, it wasn't an apple. But I'm thirsty.

Y/n
Then I'll bring you a coffee. Only have two classes left, and then I'm done for the day. Will you be in your office?

Miss H.
That sounds fantastic and yes I'll be there. See you in a few hours :)

For the rest of the day I have a smile on my face looking forward to seeing her again. The feeling should scare me, not being able to see her for less than a week and every second thought now surrounding her. But my excitement overflows every other negative thought, my eyes glancing at the clock every few minutes until finally the bell rings, announcing the end of the lesson.

Without wasting another second, I jump up from my seat and say goodbye to my friends. I go to the cafeteria to buy two cups of coffee and walk to the building on the other side of campus.
My boots click on the tiled floor as I descend the stairs, making my way to her office.

Before I take the last turn at the hallway a loud laugh makes me stop in my tracks, the unfamiliar voice coming clearly out of her room.

I gulp, not knowing what to do. Not wanting to burst inside her office and bring her into an uncomfortable situation, I wait against the wall.
After a few minutes I hear the man bid goodbye to her and the door opens revealing a familiar face that makes me clench my fingers together.

Staying hidden in the corner, I watch the dark-haired man leave her office with a smug smile plastering his face.

When he leaves the hallway I lean against the wall, closing my eyes and exhaling quietly to calm my nerves.

What did he do here?

After a minute I pull myself together as good as I can, not wanting the coffee to turn cold and make her wait for me.

When she notices me entering the room, a smile appearing on her face, making my stomach flutter, but the feeling doesn't last long, the emotions of seeing Mr Allen go out of her office leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Hey. How was-" She greets me happily.

"What did he do here?" I instantly burst out, fingers gripping the hot cup tightly. The burning feeling caused by the cup is not comparable to the boiling of my blood.

Her smile fades and her eyes return to her papers. "I don't know what you mean."

"Your friend who left your office just moments ago."

The way she avoids the conversation makes me swallow harshly, getting impatient with her.
She doesn't look up, continuing to grade the papers.

"Who?"