Chapter 5 - Lingering touch

Lizzie's POV

"Stop tugging on your dress, you make it all wrinkly." Aubrey scolds me, pulling my hands away, throwing a disapproving look at me while evening out the silk dress.

"It's just so short," I complain looking down at her in distress, "Why couldn't I wear my jeans, they are far more comfortable than ...whatever this is."

The dress is far out of my usual comfort zone, showing a lot of skin, ending dangerously high under my butt. Somehow, Aubrey insisted on me wearing it, telling me it would make me more approachable and hot. I feel a bit unsteady being dressed up like this, noticing the lusting stares of men louring in front of the club. The realization makes me shudder in disgust. There are some people who you want to look at you and some you don't.

"No jeans. You're here to get laid and not to attend a funeral."
She states emotionless, stepping back, admiring her work. The appearance must please her since a small smile appears on her face, nodding in satisfaction.

"I'm not here to get laid. I told you I needed a little variety after work."

"Variety. Sure. Honey, that's another way of saying that you need a good fuck," she air quotes with her fingers. I only roll my eyes at her in response.

We make our way to the end of the long line that awaits us. I look around without focusing on anything in particular. My hands begin to feel clammy as I feel prying eyes on me, unconsciously pulling at the dress again, which earns me a scolding look from Aubrey. Yet she doesn't make a move to even it out again.

"Who are you searching for?" Aubrey asks, standing on her toes searching the area, squinting her eyes.

"No one. I'm just making sure that I won't see anyone I know."

"Don't be paranoid. Only the elite adults go in here, and we are the only two in our friend group that fulfill this category."

Before we go through the entrance, Aubrey holds me back and musters me with intensity.

"Please remind yourself of your dating disability and don't ask any of your boring questions. You're no teacher tonight, understand."

"Thanks for the TED talk," I scoff. No need to remind me of how bad I am at dating.

"I'm serious, Lizzie. First drinking, then talking."

I try to gulp down the wave of anxiety that creeps up my throat as I notice the large crowd as we step inside. Aubrey instantly leads me to the bar, ordering us cocktails. While sipping on our drinks, we chat about random things but never job related topics, reminding me that tonight is about letting myself go. And that's exactly what I do.

After a while I feel the numbing sensation of the alcohol, making me feel good, so good that I move to the dance floor which is packed with dancing people.
Stepping in a free spot where I wouldn't be run over, I start to move to the music, letting myself be free without upholding a strict personality. I close my eyes, head spinning as I sway my hips to the beat. Nothing else matters right now.

All of a sudden, I feel a warm body behind me, moving along to the beats of the music. Closing my eyes in pure pleasure, I get lost in the feeling of want, and a hum slips through my lips. As their hands settle on to my hips, I teasingly move my hips slower.
The little contact between us makes me go crazy, yearning for more connection. Their skin pressed on mine.

At that thought, I let myself fall back until my back is pressing flat against the soft body behind me, making my eyes flutter close at the desire that clouds my mind. The person's fingers dig into my hips, making me clench my thighs together.