Chapter 15 - Bruises and Touchs

Y/N's POV

"Where were you off to this morning? And don't you tell me you went on a run again because I won't believe you."

Kim leans against the locker, hands in front of her chest, curious eyes fixed on me.

I bite my lip while shrugging my shoulders.
"Just some morning coffee trip."

She laughs, rolling her eyes. "You were awake one hour earlier than usual and went to grab a coffee? Y/n, the walk to the park takes only ten minutes."

I scoff in annoyance. "So I walked slowly."

"Mhm." She hums, her tone implying that she doesn't believe me. "I'll get it out of you, just wait."

At the end of the hallway, James appears from the side, waving at us with a bright smile when he spots us. A wide smile appears on my face when I see his enthusiastic reaction.

The hallway is a flowing wave of students, pouring hectically through it like the roaring sea. And just like that, the wave crashes. James stumbles to the side, his books dropping to the ground.

The tall boy, with perfectly styled hair, pushes him against the shoulder. "Watch where you are going."

James looks to the floor, gulping visibly. His shoulders tense as he visibly crumbles under the other boy's stare.

Anger rises within me at seeing his obedient posture, clenching my hands into tight fists.

"I- I'm sorry." He stammers, his voice small, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

Nicolas steps closer to James, posture high, dripping with confidence and rage.

"You should be." He glares angrily at him, trapping him against the lockers, nowhere to hide from him.

I can't take this anymore.

"That's enough." I interfere, stepping away from Kim and in front of James. I shoot the boy a warning look.

He eyes me up and down with a lazy smirk, my stomach turning in return at his prying eyes staring at me like I'm just some girl for him to please with.

He clicks his tongue. "Do I look like I'm talking to you? It's none of your business."

I snicker, throwing daggers at him with my stare. "You're talking to my friend, so it's my business."

"Is she your girlfriend?" He asks, eyes turning into small slits. "Can't defend himself, can he. What a pussy," he laughs.

Something snaps in me, the strings that hold me together falling apart. My whole body begins to shake.

"Piss off, Nicolas." I push him away from James, getting a great distance between them.

His eyebrows raise at me, shaking his head to the side in amusement. His eyes harden in threat. "Oh, you'll regret this, honey."

"What do you want to do? Call your daddy for help and cry about it," I bite out. My blood boils with anger, my hand shaking with uncontrollable emotions that want to be released.

Quicker than I could realize, his fist flies through the air, hitting me against my jaw. In the next second, I stumble down, my head hitting the ground. I hear the shrieks of the students surrounding us, the sounds getting quieter, fading away.

As I lay on the cold floor, my eyes grow heavy and the last thing I see are emerald eyes.

~

Pain. Darkness. An endless void of nothingness.

Wait, no. A faint light at the end of it. Small, glittering white but still there.