i'm sorry, what!?

mother gogs
hi y/n, really nice to hear from you dear.
i'd quite happily explain it all to you whenever you'd like, just give me a quick call and we'll have a conversation about it.

y/n
thank you! i'm free whenever you are free to call.

mother gogs
i can call you now, or we can wait until tomorrow morning, whatever is fine for you.

y/n
now, if that's alright

mother gogs
of course! i'll call you now then.

i quickly pause the tv, causing jack to look at me with a confused expression.

"phone call," is all i say before my phone starts ringing and i answer it.

"hello?" george's mum says.

"hi! how are you?"

"i'm very good, thank you. now what was it exactly that you wanted to talk about?" she asks.

"i uh- i wanted to know how you and my mum met because she won't tell me it herself." i answer.

"ahh, well, we met in the last year of high school and we went to college together, as well as university later on."

"but why would she be so cagey about you?" i ask.

"because...in 2004, nine years after i had george and six years after your mum had your older sister, we both fell pregnant, roughly at the same time too, so the due dates were very close. july 13th and july 17th of 2005 to be exact."

"but george doesn't have a sister?"

"oh, but he does."

"what do you mean?"

"your mother, at around 14 weeks into the pregnancy lost her baby..."

"but that baby was- should have be- is me..." i say, confused.

"no, in an attempt to help your mother get through her loss, i helped her and tried to get her through it..."

"ok?"

"around 28 weeks into my pregnancy, i made the decision that when my baby was born, it...she would be given to your mother."

"what are you saying?" i ask, slightly short of breath.

"i am saying, that the baby that i gave birth to...is you."

i started to feel tears threatening an escape.

"i- you're my mum?"

"yes. i am, and i'm sorry that you didn't know sooner..." she says softly.

"it- it's alright." i say, just before i squeak a quick 'good bye' and hang up.

i place my phone down on the bed, finally letting the tears fall from my burning eyes.

"y/n? y/n, what's wrong?" jack asks.

shit! i forgot he was here...

"i- my mum..."

"what happened to her?"

"nothing happened to her, except she's not actually my mum..."

"wait- who is then?" he asks whilst wrapping his arms around me, in an attempt to comfort me.

"george's mum..."

"so you're george's sister? does george know?" jack asks, not letting go.

"yes, and i have no idea." i say, more tears falling down.

"do you want to call him?" he starts, "i can make the call if you want. you can ask him."

"yes please."

jack then pulls out his phone and dials george's number, being sure to hand me the phone after george picked up.

"hello? jack?" george says through the phone.

"it's not jack..." i sniffle.

"y/n, what's wrong?" george asks, the concern evident in his tone.

"did you know?"

"know what y/n?"

"did you know that i'm your sister?"

"n- no. you're my sister?" george says, a slight choke in his voice.

"your mum, well i guess our mum just told me..." i explain.

"i didn't know...i'm sorry you didn't know either y/n/n."

~~~
a.n.:
yoooo, what????? you're george's sister?
yup, yes you are.
sorry for the shorter chapter lol.
thanks for reading <3

xoxo