extra help

but of course, the more i tell myself that liking him again, that liking harry again was a bad idea, the more i seemed to feel as though i did like him again.

not good.

i sit up to look and see if jack had left me a note, to say where he'd gone. i remember he told me but i wasn't completely sure on what he had said because i was still half asleep.
i lay back again, once again staring up at the ceiling and drifted off to sleep - it being around 6:30pm.

i woke up again at 11am the next day to a car pulling up onto his driveway.

he was gone all night?

i hear the car door slam and the front door open around 30 seconds later.
not long after, i hear a knock on the bedroom door.

"you decent?" jack asks through the door.

"yeah!" i call back.

he opens the door slowly and walks over to the bed to sit down.

"how are you doing?" jack asks softly.

"i guess i'm ok. still feel pretty shit to be fair."

"well...i've got a surprise for you." he says.

"what you do?" i ask, rolling my eyes jokingly.

"nothing bad, nothing bad!" he fake surrenders. "come in!"

"huh?" i say, confused.

not too soon after, a familiar brown-haired man walks in.

"hey y/n." he says.

"george!" i shout, getting out of the bed to go and hug him.

"heyyyyy, y/n." he says happily.

"what are you doing here?" i squeal.

"i came to get you out of this room. y/n, you've been held up in here for almost a week and you need to get up and do something."

"george, i- i can't. i don't want to go outside. my best friend is dating my shitbag asshole of an ex and my mum did this to my face! i don't want to face anyone. not yet..." i say.

"y/n..."

"i'm sorry george, i can't..."

"wait- what do you mean? what did your mum do?" he asks quickly.

i look up slightly, so that he could see the bruises and bloodied lip.

"she did this to you?" he asked, annoyance in his voice.

i nod slightly.

"i'm gonna kill her."

"george! please don't say anything to anyone! please don't- "

"y/n, this is exactly why my mum broke contact with her in the first place! we thought she's changed but clearly fucking not!" george shouts.

"what do you mean?" i ask quietly.

"my mum, she stopped talking to yours when she saw her hit you. she said that she'd promised to change, that it was a one time thing and that she'd never do it again..."

"sorry george, can i please talk to jack alone? i have something to ask him." i say quickly.

"yeah, sure." george says, "i'll go wait in your kitchen jack."

"ok, thanks gogy." jack says.

i turn away from the door as george leaves and look at jack, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.
jack stands up from his bed and walks over to me. without any words, he engulfs me into a hug as tears stream down my face.

"i'm sorry for this." i sniffle.

"it's ok, it's ok, i thought that bringing george here might help. i'm the one that should be sorry, i made you cry- "

"you didn't make me cry, ok? i'm just an emotional wreck right now and that's in no way your fault."

"ok..." he says softly.

we stay stood like that for another few minutes until i'd pretty much stopped crying. he then pulls away slightly and kisses me on the forehead before speaking.

"i have another part to the surprise." he says.

"the first part wasn't that bad, so fine, as long as you don't make me cry again." i joke.

"ok, i'll be back in a sec." he says and rushes out of the room.

he comes back around 2 minutes later with another very familiar brown-haired man.
i was facing the wall opposite the door and did not see who had come in with jack, but they seemed way too tall to be george.

"hey kid."

"wil?" i say after hearing his voice.

i turn quickly and see mr wilbur soot himself standing in the door way.
i rush over and hug him.

"how're you doing?" he asks.

"as good as i can be i guess."

"i understand, but you can't stay in here forever. why don't you come downstairs to eat something? and then if you really want to, you can come straight back up here. baby steps, that's it." he says calmly.

"ok...i'll try."

wil puts his arm around my shoulder and squeezes with a kind smile on his face, before letting go and going downstairs.
i turn back to jack and smile.

"thank you," i say.

he just smiles and hugs me again before placing my hand in his and leading me to the kitchen alongside wilbur.
as we walked in, i took a seat at the dining table next to jack and opposite wil, then george brought food over to the table for us.

"please don't say you made this george...i don't wanna die today." i joke and everyone laughs.

"ouch," he says making an 'offended' face. "and also, no i didn't, jack did."

"good!" i exclaim, before slowly tucking in.

i really didn't want to eat much, so i kind of just picked at my food, rolling parts of it around my plate with my fork.
i drop my free hand down to the side of my lap, still pushing food around with my fork with my right hand.
everyone stays silent whilst we're eating.
not long after i dropped my hand, jack takes hold of it with his, in an attempt to comfort me, sensing the distress in my face.

it doesn't take too long for us to finish eating, me being very tempted to just go straight back upstairs to jack's room, until wil suggests something.

"we need to go out, go shopping, do something together." wil says.

"shopping centre isn't too far." jack points out to the others.

"sounds like fun then," george adds.

"that's all if you're ok with it, y/n." jack says, turning to look at me.

i take a deep breath before replying.

"ok..." i start. "ok. i need to get ready though."

"that's alright, you do whatever you need to do and me and george will stay down here and jack can get changed too, considering he's been in those clothes since yesterday..."

"hey! i think you'll find that my excuse for being in these clothes still is perfectly fucking fine!" jack laughs, lightening the mood a little more...he always had a habit of doing that.

~~~
a.n.:
you know, i'm not even sure if anyone reads these, but thank you all for reading, thanks for over 200 reads as well! either my readers are americans, or y'all do not sleep, cause i went to sleep at like 4am last night on 196 reads and woke up with almost 230, so thank youuuu! <3
also, thanks for all the votes as well, i really appreciate it and i'm definitely thinking of some other book ideas and i'm set on doing the one i mentioned in my a.n. from the last chapter - i think.
anyways, thanks for reading <3

xoxo