a weird end to a long night

"hey guys, i'm back."

"y/nnnnn! hiiiii!" jack says.

"woah, woah, woah, hold your horses dude, she's basically my little sister!" george shouts.

"wait- what're you- huh?" jack and wil stutter.

"oh, yeah, so apparently me and george grew up together, but our families kind of just haven't talked to one another for like ten to twelve years, so i don't really remember any of it...except for the time i nearly drowned." i explain, saying the last part rather quietly.

"ok?" wil says questioningly.

"yeah, anyways, i'm gonna head off i think, it's getting a bit late." george says before leaving the call.

i laugh at george's abrupt exit, then quickly jump into some comfier clothes (basically just a hoodie and some 'booty' shorts), put my hair in a messy bun and turn my camera on, indicating to the others that they should too.

"wow, you cute." jack says to me.

"ok, i can't tell if you're being serious right now, or just randomly carrying on the bit for no reason." i laugh.

"i can't either," he replies.

"that doesn't make any sense..." i say, as jack turns on his camera and smiles.

"i know, i never said i make sense though, soooo..."

"well, as cute and also extremely sickening and confusing and weird as this is, i've got something to do tomorrow, bye jack, bye y/n." wilbur cuts in.

"bye wil!" i say, as he leaves the vc.

now what? i don't really know this guy and it's already awkward enough as it is to talk to him with other people there.

"hi jack."

"hi y/n..."

we sit there for a little while in silence, before jack speaks up.

"so what now? cause i know i'm not tired and i'm also kinda bored." he tells me.

"i- um, i don't know jack, you tell me." i manage to laugh out quietly.

"i've been meaning to watch 'the umbrella academy' on netflix, i can screen share and we can watching it together, if you want."

"i've actually already watched it, but it's really good, so i don't mind watching it again!" i say.

"ok, good, what time do you have to be up for school?"

"i normally get up at around 6:30 to 7am."

"you sure you don't wanna go to sleep now, and then we can watch it another time." he smiled.

"i'm not that tired, so we can watch one episode, then i'll go to sleep."

"ok, i just know that you didn't go to sleep until late yesterday either."

"i'm fine, i've never been able to sleep properly, i can go like four days on five hours of sleep." i say, trying to explain a little.

"oh, ok, i'll get netflix sorted then."

he got everything sorted for us to watch the program and we sat there and watched it for the next hour.

"wow! you were right, it is really good!" he says enthusiastically.

"i'm always right," i laugh. 'now, i'm gonna head off to bed, so i'm not a complete wreck at school tomorrow."

"bye y/n, tell me when you're home from school tomorrow, and we'll sort out when to watch some more of it."

"you know you don't have to watch it with me, right? like, you can watch it on your own."

"i already said it now, can't go back on it."

"ok, fine i'll watch it with you tomorrow as well, night jack."

"night y/n."

i hang up and go to bed.
that was a weird interaction, right? like, guys don't normally do that...do they? i'm so very confused right now.
i go to sleep and wake back up to the sound of my alarm at 6:30am. i complete my morning school routine, including getting my sister up and i hop on the bus and go to school.

~~~
a.n.:
yo, thanks for reading, i know this was a pretty short chapter, sorryyyy.
next chapter will include underage drinking, but at the same time it's not underage, so i'll put a trigger warning at the top of the chapter.
also, just to explain, in england, it is legal for children from the age of 5 to drink as long as it is on private property, so your home, or a friends house, but if it is on public property, like a pub, or a park, etc. then it is illegal - unless you're 16 or 17, then you can have a certain amount if you are in a pub/restaurant and have a meal that you are eating and have consent from both the place and your parents.
once again, thanks for reading <3

xoxo