Chapter 38: Truth

Loren's POV

My breath hitched and my heart stopped as I stared at the screen.

Welsey.

On the screen sat the one person that came to mind when I thought about my captivity.

He sat against a stone wall, chains attached to his arms and feet. His head drooped to one side. Dirt covered his body and the entire cell that he was in.

"W-what is this?" I stuttered

"You want to know so badly what I have been doing. Here it is." Killian spoke, watching for my reaction.

"What are you doing to him?"

"Getting justice for what happened to you. Trying to figure out who put this weasel in our lives."

"Are you hurting him?". Killian laughed at my stupid question. Of course he was hurting him. The guy looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Wounds crusted in blood covered his body.

"You think he's working for someone?" I spoke again finally understanding that this was like the action movies my dad used to watch when I was a little girl.

"Yes, but he won't give us any clue as to who." Killian looked back at the screen and clenched his jaw.

I slowly nodded as I took in what I had just learned.

"I have a friend, Matteo, he lives in London. He's a part of a very powerful group of people over there. They've been working on finding this bastard since the moment I found out you were taken."

He stood up and poured himself a cup of whiskey.

"Matteo found him the day before I left for London. We've been holding him in one of his family homes since then. I've been trying to get something out of him, anything but alas... the man will not speak. He would rather die than expose who set him up for this in the first place."

Killian continued to explain to me how Wesley was the "rat" of the company that caused so much trouble in London to begin with.

"So, you all think that this all started way before I was even kidnapped?"

Killian nodded as he took a sip of his drink.

"I wish you would've told me about this before instead of running around hiding things" I sighed

"Loren, this isn't something for you to worry about. I don't want you remembering what had happened to you. I wan't you to forget about-"

"You think I don't think about what happened anymore? Killian I dream about it, I catch myself in the middle of the day thinking about it. Looking at you reminds me of it. There's nothing you can do to make me forget about it. So just be honest with me from now on... please."

"I remind you of it?" The cup gently hit the table as he set it down and frowned.

"Of course, anything reminds me of it... I'll never be able to think of London without thinking of it either".

Killian leaned against the back of his chair and looked up at me, his eyebrows raised and worried. I could see the guilt on his face, I could sense the tension in the room. I didn't agree with the way he was treating the last few months... but I understood it.

However there's a difference between being overprotective and controlling and I don't think Killian knows that. He's so used to control and power, it's all he even knows.

"Don't kill him" I whispered finally, glancing at the computer.

Killian's face became quizzical but became straight when he followed my gaze, almost as if he forgot his prisoner was displayed in front of us. He nodded.

"Please don't lie to me Killian.." my voice whimpered as I looked back at him. My vision was distorted by the tears that filled my eyes. "Get whatever info you need but don't kill him"  I begged as my body started to shake and the tears left a wet stream down my cheeks.

"I won't Loren, I promise." His deep voice soothed and within seconds his arms engulfed me, gently squeezing the worry out of me. "I won't kill him" he reassured me.

I closed my eyes and buried my face into his chest. How could I believe that? After he hid this from me like it was nothing. How was I supposed to believe that he wouldn't hurt the person who tried to hurt me?

I eventually stopped crying and Killian loosened his grip one. The hand that was rubbing my back stopped and gently trailed its way up to my neck. His fingers traced my collar bone and then grabbed my jaw, forcing me to look up at him. My eyes shot open and were met with a pair of dark green orbs, a fore blazing deep inside of them.

"Now you have to promise me something Princess. Don't ever cross me like that again. Do you understand?" He paused as I glanced from one of his eyes to the other. They held their stare on mine, not even twitching. Slowly my head nodded but his grip tightened on my face holding it still. His thumb moved up to my bottom lip tugging it down. "Use your words, Princess". His face stooped down to my own, his lips almost brushing against mine.

"Y-yes sir" I stuttered as goosebumps rose down my body. A smirk instantly grew on his lips and his grip loosened.

"Good girl," he whispered and let my face go. "Now, I believe we have a breakfast to return to. We have a long day ahead of us, after all" Killian smiled and starter to walk towards the door making sure to pull me along with him, his hand on my right cheek.

***
Wow hi guys!!!! Sorry it's been so long. I'm thinking of making chapters a little shorter that way I can post more often (hopefully)