Ch. 30: Video Games

Video Games- Lana Del Rey

It's you, it's you, it's all for you—everything I do. I tell you all the time. Heaven is a place on earth with you. Tell me all the things you want to do. I heard that you like the bad girls, honey, is that true? It's better than I ever even knew. They say that the world was built for two. Only worth living if somebody is loving you. And baby, now you do.

MiniA/N: One last warning... this book does not have a separate smut book. The smut scenes will be in the book. Just randomly putting that out there... enjoy.

-

Dawn POV

He won't stop staring at me. I let his eyes linger. Yes, he wears his glasses, but I know him. The way he gawks is the way he muses. I wish he weren't so obvious.

But alas, as we enter the ceremonial reception, he follows right behind, tugging at my hand, afraid I'll let go. "Is there seating arrangements?" I ask.

"Yeah, there should be a board right at the entrance," he answers. We stop by, and rows of tables surround the whiteboard. There are 8 seats at one round table—me, Jake, Terry, Reese, Alice, Casper, Alicia, and Kevin. Oh, Gen, I knew you would do me dirty and sit next to Jake, but I guess a newly married woman would want her new nephew to love again. Not to mention I must sit with Terry and his nasty attitude and his silent glares.

Jake and I are the first to sit at the table, and it's only a few moments of silence when the rest of our table mates arrive.

"Andy, I'll have to call you back later. They are about to serve the food." Alice says.

"But can I talk to Reese—"

"Andy, call her yourself." She sighs, "love you." She hangs the phone before he can pester more. Reese avoids Alice's eyes and forces her phone to turn off when it lights up; a light shade of rose engulfs her cheek.

Alice side-eyes her but sits next to Casper. I feel so out of the loop. What the hell is going on. Terry sits next to Jake, and Reese is quick to sit next to him, far across from Alice.

No... no... they aren't—

Before I can finish my thought, Alice brings her hand to brush against the bridge of her ear, flashing a solid rock on her ring finger.

"Alice!" I can't help but exasperate shock, pointing at her hand that blinds me.

Jake glances to my agape mouth, and forces my arm to fall in my lap, follows my stare, tilting his head at Alice.

"Oh, this?" Alice smiles, stuffing her hand under the table. Casper sits next to Alice, blushing sweetly, "just happened last night, I didn't want to ruin your Uncle J's wedding, but I didn't want to not wear it."

"But you guys are so young..." I say aimlessly.

"Love isn't, and we do," Alice says plainly. "And we don't want to wait."

"Nope," Casper agrees, "it wasn't anything special. It was kind of like, I love you, you love me, I don't see us ever breaking up again, so fuck it. Got a ring that night. Kay jewelers were about to close until I caught the door.

"It was mindless," Alice finishes.

A million reasons why they shouldn't swim in my eyes, but I don't say anything except, "I'm happy for you." I want to add, I'm happy you can be with the one you love, and I can't. Shut up. They are too young to even consider marriage, and they were broken up for a while because she cheated on him with Lauren, but then again, they started dating freshmen, if I recall correctly, maybe sophomore-- so that's three or four years. But they are only 18 years old!