Ch. 29: Can't Help Falling In Love

Can't help falling in love- twentyonepilots cover (originally by Elvis)

"Take my hand, take my whole life too. 'Cause I can't help falling in love with you."

-

Dawn POV

I can't deny my feelings for Jake much longer. I knew what I was getting myself into. This was going to be a challenge, but I didn't think I would fall back in love with him so quickly. Maybe I never stopped, and I was in denial up until now. Every second away from him feels like my soul is disappearing. What the fuck am I saying? When did I become a Pinterest post full of love quotes and sayings? It comes much more naturally when you're in love and less cheesy.

"You look, gorg," Lana says from her bed.

Isa never accepted Lana's request, and we are back to a dead end. All we can do is wait or find another solution. I can't think much of it now, considering I'm about to head off to Jeff and Gen's wedding. I'm still unaware if they believe Jake and I are together, and I don't want to be put in a situation where we have to pretend. Pretending and lying are so closely knitted.

What am I doing putting an extra quote of gloss? I drop the stick dramatically and turn around to Lana, "How is this?"

"Beauty. Miss Dawn Rivers is wearing a short blue slick dress, bedazzled all around," her announcer's voice takes hold of her butter silk sound. "Though I wish she put her hair down, the bun is looking a little old, not as sexy as the rest of her."

"That's the point," I roll my eyes playfully, "it's a wedding, not a club.

"But you can find single men there to woe. Oh, wait, this is Jake's uncle's, right?" Lana cringes.

I nod my head.

"Do you guys think you'll be getting back together?" Lana asks.

"No, why?" My heart begins to beat a little faster.

"Nothing important." her head falls back, making her hair dangling off the bed. Her doc Martins pressed against her wall, making me cringe; she is wearing shoes on her twin bed.

"Any news about Isa," I quickly change the subject.

"Not a peep; this bitch won't allow me to follow her. Do you think we could just DM her?"

"Like what, your boyfriend might be a rapist?" Ben walks into the room without knocking.

"Perv," Lana lectures, "Dawn could have been naked. Then again, you might want to see that." Lana wiggles her perfectly shaped brows.

I scoff, and Ben's cheeks turn pink, "Sorry," he mumbles as he sits next to Lana. She giggles at his uneasiness, causing him to lift his bum and fart next to her face. She sits straight, coughing dramatically, "Whoops," Ben exclaims. "Overate cheese. Why is the door unlocked anyway if you are getting dressed?" He asks curiously.

"I'm about to leave," I say.

"And Kelly's coming over," Lana interjects.

"You're girlfriend?" Ben asks.

Lana glares, shutting her book dramatically, "No, my partner. I told you this, Benjamin," she closes her eyes to calm herself, "They are transitioning, and they are still trying to figure out what pronouns to use."

"Kelly's a girl name," Ben reasons.

"And the moon is blue, and what about it?" Lana scoffs, "And Kelly is unisex. Like Ryan, Casey, Skylar."

"Is she-- I mean, are they going to change their name?"

"No, they don't mind their name. Ever heard of Machine Gun Kelly?" Lana reasons once more.