Shopping and Potential Future

Becky sat in the shopping cart as her mom pushed it through the mall. Her mom had dressed her in a short sleeve shirt blue pants and tennis shoes. She didn't want a repeat of the previous venture in the mall so she secured Becky into the child's seat that faced her.

Becky sat in the cart completely dismayed. She woke up this morning as a 5 year old. Her bed now had pink side rails on it and a Pink Paw Patrol sheet and comforter set.

Her bedroom walls had rainbow stars on the walls and a toy box full of dolls and assorted stuffed animals. Mostly members of the PAW Patrol. Her name was even spelled out in big pink letters above her bed.

She had aged rapidly during the night and feared how much younger she would become.

Her mom pushed the cart into a children's clothing store and into the toddler section looking at several different clothing options.

Upon seeing the clothes her mom put in front of the seat to gauge her opinion Becky spoke

" M M Mommy why are we here? I'm a big girl I dwont need bwaby clwothes." Becky covered her mouth realizing that she was now talking like a little girl and not an adult.

Her mom smiled saying

" Yes you are pumpkin. You're now the age and size of a 5 year old. So we must dress you accordingly."

Becky just lowered her head and cried. She couldn't believe this was happening to her.

She desperately wanted to be a grown up again.

Once her mom was satisfied with her clothing options, she pushed the cart into the baby supply section.

Becky saw the items on the racks and shelves as her mom pushed the cart down the aisle.

There were sippy cups bottles training toilets training pants and diapers.

Becky balled her eyes out not knowing what her mom was going to purchase next.

Her mom stopped the cart and rubbed her back saying

" Shh... Shhh pumpkin it's going to be okay. Mommy just has to grab some things for you"

Becky just sobbed.

Her mom grabbed several sippy cups and a  set of toddler dinner ware. She also grabbed a box of girls pullups and a training potty.

She then stopped in front of the diapers and thought for a minute....

Becky's mind exploded..

Pullups she could handle same with the training potty but diapers were the last straw for her....

Her mom could see her daughter was upset upon seeing the diapers and she said

" Now don't worry sweetie... as long as you can prove to me you are a big girl Diapers won't be necessary."

Becky whimpered

" Y Ywesth mommy me can be."

" Good girl " she said rubbing her back and kissing her forehead.

She paid for the items and they went back home.

To be continued