Dinner and Mom's Surprise

Becky finished throwing her laundry in the washer and went back upstairs to her room. She opened her dresser drawer and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and an old Ramones tshirt. She forgot she threw all her bras in the wash and just threw the shirt on.

She smelled something good coming from the kitchen. Her mom was making Chili which was her favorite meal. She slipped on some slippers and played with her old guitar for a bit.

Her mom yelled a few minutes later...

" Becky Baby Dinner is ready"

Becky stopped playing her guitar and headed downstairs.

Her mom had the table set for them. Becky sat down and started to eat.

Her mom smiled saying..

"Whoah piglet slow down or you'll get a stomach ache."

Becky groaned...

" Whatever mom I'm not a little kid anymore "

Her mom smiled and ruffled her hair.

" Nonsense you'll always be my little girl piglet "

Becky did acknowledge that comment.

Once they were done eating.... Becky helped her mom clear the table and do the dishes.

Her mom said...

" I've got dessert too sweetie "

Becky said...

" Oh cool mom,"

Her mom opened the fridge and grabbed a container full of jello. Another dish Becky liked as a child.

Her mom said

" It's Jello sweetie "

Becky just nodded ok.

She took the bowl of jello her mom handed her and went to eat it in the living room.

Her mom smiled as she ate hers from the kitchen....

What Becky didn't know was that the Jello she was enjoying had a special ingredient in it....

One that would guarantee Becky would wake up in the morning surprised.

To Be continued.